Notices

Old 23 Feb 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Yes I think it will. We have the flights booked but nothing else yet. We are there for 6 nights and at the moment I think I'll book at least 1 night at a hotel at Niagara on the Lake. So we will do a split stay and this will allow us 2 days at the Falls.
We spent a night in a hotel overlooking the falls, it is so nice to look at.

We loved Toronto when we were there

We would love to cruise on the Disney Fantasy as it’s the only ship we haven’t been on however the prices in July are eye watering and I just can’t justify the cost. Maybe some day when the kids are no longer coming on holiday with us & we can go outside the school holidays DH & I will do it
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
We spent a night in a hotel overlooking the falls, it is so nice to look at.

We loved Toronto when we were there

We would love to cruise on the Disney Fantasy as it’s the only ship we haven’t been on however the prices in July are eye watering and I just can’t justify the cost. Maybe some day when the kids are no longer coming on holiday with us & we can go outside the school holidays DH & I will do it
I can understand the idea of wanting to do the full set of cruise ships. I'm sure you will get there one day

I was looking at hotels yesterday for Toronto and I was surprised that it was more expensive there than Niagara on the Lake. My current favourite there is Sheraton on the Falls as it looks to have some good views and is pretty reasonable for the four of us. I've not booked anything yet as I'm undecided about whether to do 2 nights there and have just 4 in Toronto. The main purpose of the trip is to see Niagara, but as the flights are a huge part of the cost I figured 6 nights was better than a usual city break of 4.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

It’s really expensive to eat at Niagara compared to Toronto. Are you going to hire a car to get to Niagara?

You can do all the falls attractions in one day but I would def do an overnight stay if you want to visit Niagara on the Lake as well. It’s a very pretty town but there’s not much to do except have a nice walk round the town, have lunch or dinner & an ice-cream
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Sorry, we seem to be hijacking your pre- trip report with other trips
Old 23 Feb 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
It’s really expensive to eat at Niagara compared to Toronto. Are you going to hire a car to get to Niagara?

You can do all the falls attractions in one day but I would def do an overnight stay if you want to visit Niagara on the Lake as well. It’s a very pretty town but there’s not much to do except have a nice walk round the town, have lunch or dinner & an ice-cream
Sorry, we seem to be hijacking your pre- trip report with other trips
No need to apologise the tips are gratefully received whether they are about the Orlando trip or other places

That's a shame that it's more expensive to eat at Niagara, but good to know in advance. So far we haven't hired a car on any of our trips abroad and have either used public transport or uber and lyft. We are plenty happy to walk around a city so that doesn't bother us, actually we prefer it as we get to know a city better. I did think we might have to hire a car for the Niagara portion, but I'm now wondering whether to bother and maybe just stick with uber. I'm thinking we'd do Niagara as the last 2 days of the trip. Our flight home is at 7pm so we'd have the whole day before for the Falls and then the last morning and lunch for wandering about before heading to the airport.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
No need to apologise the tips are gratefully received whether they are about the Orlando trip or other places

That's a shame that it's more expensive to eat at Niagara, but good to know in advance. So far we haven't hired a car on any of our trips abroad and have either used public transport or uber and lyft. We are plenty happy to walk around a city so that doesn't bother us, actually we prefer it as we get to know a city better. I did think we might have to hire a car for the Niagara portion, but I'm now wondering whether to bother and maybe just stick with uber. I'm thinking we'd do Niagara as the last 2 days of the trip. Our flight home is at 7pm so we'd have the whole day before for the Falls and then the last morning and lunch for wandering about before heading to the airport.
Sounds like a good plan, Toronto itself is very walkable
Old 23 Feb 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Sounds like a good plan, Toronto itself is very walkable
Brilliant thanks for all the tips

Old 23 Feb 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

How exciting you have booked Toronto, obviously if you have the paperwork you need to go! It’s on my list to do Canada...is there not a pre-trip report yet?
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
How exciting you have booked Toronto, obviously if you have the paperwork you need to go! It’s on my list to do Canada...is there not a pre-trip report yet?
I reckon 1 pre trip is enough to keep me busy.

Old 26 Feb 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I came back to check what you had decided about MNSSHP and what do I find!? Canada!? Cruising!? I’ve missed so much.

We did a cruise in 2016, we would love to do another! It was a completely different experience to what we are used to. We have only ever done city breaks or WDW holidays and both of those have you trying to make the most of every second. The cruise forced us to slow down and just relax, I thought we would be bored but we loved it, and we didn’t even touch the sides regarding everything there is to do on-board.

You’ll get plenty of sage advice from more seasoned cruisers than me, but I would say the veranda is worth its weight in gold. I had wanted a room with a magic porthole as I didn’t think we’d make use of the veranda but I was outvoted and I am so glad I was. It was heaven sitting on the balcony with my Kindle just listening to the water.

P.S. House of Blues don’t allow you to book until 6 weeks out, it’s always driven me crazy because I like to have everything locked down.

Also, how funny that you are thinking you should have stuck with QSDP. I am thinking the same. We were quite spontaneous at times during our trip last year and I’d like to do the same again, QSDP would allow us to do it. I’m thinking of scrapping my ‘new restaurant only’ rule for this year as it is dictating where we need to be a little too much.

Also, also , Kelly is right they release ‘special’ MNSSHP ADRs, you’ll be able to get a later slot for the Plaza on there. We like to eat at 6pm whilst all of the day guests are filtering out and then when you are finished you can just enjoy the Party.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List