Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Feb 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tinksmum
slightly serious Dibber

tinksmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by braby View Post
My partners Dad had a heart attack 3 years ago. He's 67 and still works most days as he's self employeed, the days he isn't working he's either cycling or playing golf. As long as he takes his time and knows his limits he's good to go on anything.
Thank you for sharing - all these stories are giving me such a better outlook x
Old 27 Feb 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tinksmum
slightly serious Dibber

tinksmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you so much all for taking the time to comment - I think everyone knows how we got to where we were, I know what I was doing wrong so am addressing these and have shed 18lbs and moving myself a lot more (not just walking down mainstreet)!
Old 27 Feb 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinksmum View Post
Thank you so much all for taking the time to comment - I think everyone knows how we got to where we were, I know what I was doing wrong so am addressing these and have shed 18lbs and moving myself a lot more (not just walking down mainstreet)!
well done! Not easy to do after a heart attack!

mine was stress related so a bit harder to "fix" right now - 2 kids off to uni in Sept! A levels this year. Mum died in Jan, MIL has diagnosis of alzheimers - have had a few years of AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHH - for which I am learning strategies to make it not matter so much to me personally.

and breathe... one step at a time.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

I've had 3, the first at 32, then 41 & 43. I've got a total of 5 stents in now, and it's not stopped me doing anything at all. If anything, they have made me push myself more in the pursuit of family time! We all make the most of Disney, from waterparks to the coasters and nothing will change that i'm sure. Once you have recovered fully, in my case it took 3-4 months, then i hope you can look forward to doing everything as you have done before.
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

My cardiac rehab team told me not to swim until I had completed my rehabilitation classes. After that, when they were satisfied with my progress, I could start swimming again.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
blackbird
Excited about Disney

I had one last March had stent fitted, been back twice since then did all the rides and going again in December, don't regret a thing in fact I'm now more inclined to do all the rides lol.
blackbird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
My DH had a heart attack and stent fitted 4 years ago when he was 38 and my dad had heart surgery in his 50's. It took them both a year i'd say to get "back to normal" the medication was a big thing for both of them and it took some time for them to settle on the correct dose.
I guess all I'm trying to say is it takes time, but you will feel better again, don't give up and keep in touch with your medical team for reassurance anytime you need to check something with them. DH's GP was the best help during his recovery and gave him the confidence to push himself and get back to doing normal things.

When you are ready to start looking for travel insurance 6 months after a heart attack is a key date, once you have passed this you should be able to get insurance ok. We have used Stay Sure and All Clear and Holiday Extras recently.
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List