Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Feb 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Celebrating a birthday in Disney World

Hiya!

I am heading off to Disney World in September and while I'm out there I will be celebrating my 25th birthday! I don't know if I fancy going to a park as my birthday is on the weekend which will make the parks very busy!

Looked into a Disney cruise and that came out a little bit too expensive, so has anyone ever celebrated their birthday out in Disney World? If so, what did you do? or if you haven't, what do you think you would do if you were celebrating your birthday out there?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Last year turned 31 while we were there. We are offsite but we went to Hollywood studies in the morning as planned as it wasn’t forecast busy. We went to what was my favourite restaurant Bahamas breeze then went to magic kingdom for fireworks. Most of the day wasn’t so “birthday” oriented but i will never forget the fireworks with my kids.
And it was a Saturday
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Have you thought about doing a brunch as it’s on a weekend? I think they’re a few options available now! And then I’d probably do my favourite park and favourite nighttime show and meal
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We always go around my birthday so I’ve celebrated many. To be honest I now don’t necessarily choose anything special that day as I consider the whole trip to be special. In the past though I would choose my favourite park and favourite restaurant.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
fmol196
Excited about Disney

We are going to be therefor my birthday next month- never done it before but have fast passes for my fave rides in AK, then we have a DVC member dining experience followed by fireworks and champagne in top of the world lounge. I am very excited ! Gonna get a birthday badge !,
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

It's my birthday while we are away. Lunch at Morimoto Asia and the Villains party in the evening.

And the final two days of our trip in Club Level at CSR - Destino Tower.

Will Also be doing the Cali Grille Brunch while we are there, we did that for My Wifes birthday last year.

Enjoy your day what ever you do, and get a birthday badge if you are in the parks. They are not just for kids :-)
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
cal999golf
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I second the above suggestion about getting a birthday badge from Disney. We did this for my wife and she loved it that so many cast members wished her happy birthday.
cal999golf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

What about booking one of the many tours on offer in the parks, Keys to the Kingdom etc.
We booked a hot air balloon flight on one trip, we took off at sunrise and enjoyed a champagne breakfast when we landed.
DH has had several birthdays in Florida, a day trip to Daytona raceway was one of his favourite. Serengeti safari at Busch Gardens was amazing, being up and close to the giraffes was very special and it was all recorded by a photographer.
Helicopter flight.
Day at Discovery Cove
We also went for a Kitchen sink on one trip and when we mentioned two people in out party were celebrating birthdays they brought it out with sparklers and balloons - the birthday boys were not impressed at the fuss 😂😂😂
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by cal999golf View Post
I second the above suggestion about getting a birthday badge from Disney. We did this for my wife and she loved it that so many cast members wished her happy birthday.
Hi, my daughter celebrates her 21st early on our trip to WDW this summer, she’s very excited but wondered what’s the etiquette for wearing a birthday badge ie just on the day of her birthday or all trip long? Any thoughts?
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We arrive on my DH’s birthday, so he won’t be doing much other than flying and sleeping on his birthday. I think he might have a fake birthday the following day to celebrate it properly. We gave my DD a fake birthday in DLP, as she was away on a school residential on her real birthday the following week, and I was really upset about not seeing her on her 11th birthday. We booked DLP and called it her unbirthday trip - did cards and gifts while we were there, and got her a birthday badge and a call from Mickey at City Hall. She loved all the birthday wishes she got from characters and CMs!

Anyway, my birthday is a few days after we arrive at Disney, so we’re going to have a character breakfast in our hotel, walk over to Studios for a couple of fast pass rides, FriendShip back to Beaches and Cream for sundaes (if you can’t have ice cream for lunch on your birthday, then what’s the point in birthdays? 😉 ) and finally over to Springs for Cirque du Soleil. I can’t wait!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List