Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Feb 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Barclays Travel Pack Insurance

Hi all.

We have the above and are travelling in 3 weeks. Fil has been in hospital last weekend (he has heart problems) and it's only just occurred to me that we might not be covered if we have to cancel our holiday due to him getting worse. He's 88 age has had a heart condition for a few years - it never occurred to me that we would have to let the insurance company know of the health conditions of family members not traveling! I only see that now when looking at the policy details... 😳

Has anyone experienced similar? I've tried phoning barclays but their phones are so busy I can't get through. It's it likely they will exclude his illness on our policy so if we have to cancel we'd lose it all? Might they ask for an extra premium? Would be good to get an idea of what I might expect from the phone call...

Many thanks 👍
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ctolli
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Hi
Can’t help with the specifics I’m afraid but these are the phone numbers I was given to call their insurance provider (if you don’t already have them):-
0800 158 2685 or +44 1603 604 977. Hope it works out.
ctolli is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

When we took our policy out, they asked us if anyone in the family had a life limiting illness and was poorly at that time. As long as FIL wasn't acutely ill when you booked, you should hopefully be fine...
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies. Have tried phoning again but still huge queues to speak to someone, guess everyone is phoning about the coronavirus 🤔
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
lisad
Excited about Disney

We also have this policy. I had to call them a couple of years ago as my Mum was unwell with a blood clot and we had a trip booked.

They told me that we would still be covered as she was not admitted to hospital until after we booked the holiday. However, they would not cover us for this condition for future trips.

Obviously, you will need to explain to the spscifics and may get a different answer.

I hope your FIL is home soon and that you have a great holiday!
lisad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List