Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Feb 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Yes that is the one. You are right about the terrace. They made it water tight and then stopped work again.

Next to Chuy's is an ABC liquor store and I believe a sports bar.
Donna

Thanks for that. Maybe the bank have pulled the plug on the developers? There seems to be demand for housing in the area but that site has had the roads & lighting infrastructure in for years.

Mick
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
The 27 gets busier every time I return and they've only just finished making it a 3 lane highway in the last couple of years.

Have they finished the roadworks from the 27 onto the I4 EB yet, or the ones into Posner Park?
I don't recall any roadworks accessing either I-4 EB or Posner last December although we rarely use the interstate from there. They were resurfacing the majority of the car park in the older part of Posner though.

Mick
Old 28 Feb 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I don't recall any roadworks accessing either I-4 EB or Posner last December although we rarely use the interstate from there. They were resurfacing the majority of the car park in the older part of Posner though.

Mick
I went that way earlier this week. They are resurfacing H27 near the junction with I4 but must be doing it at night because it wasn't effecting the traffic at all.
Old 29 Feb 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stevecoda View Post
Yes, total nightmare - we just returned yesterday and honestly, would think twice about a villa anywhere past Champions Gate.

The I4 in the mornings - looking on google maps - are red around champions gate Slip roads and added about 15 mins delay to Disney. Took about an hour and a quarter to get to Universal in the mornings. All Rush hour traffic.

Returning, the I4 is something to try and keep away from. Red, Red and more Red. Took around 2 hours back to the Villa in Balmoral anytime between 4 and 8pm.

You may think that you can take another Route - but most of Orlando thinks that way too, so all roads leading south are Red.

Decided to try cutting across to the 27, then down, but this is slow, plus the 27 has lights, so its stop and go.

Oh, and there are roadworks on the 27.

One unfortunate day, we were on the 429 (or 427), and stopped a few cars away from an overturned people carrier. Turns out that a pickup had slammed into the back of it, killing a 5 year old girl called Scarlett (a twin), her brother 11, and Mum and grandma, coming back from Disney. Scary thing is that we were a few cars behind, with our Daughter, Scarlett and twin Brother, and older brother. Alot of idiot american drivers who drive too close and zip in and out at speed - so be aware of who is also behind you, as more than likely they are looking at their phone.

Ideally, to get a good run up and down the 4, get up really early, and return after 9pm.

S
That's utterly tragic ;( And all just trying to enjoy a family outing. Heart breaking x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

We used it in september, it want the m25 i was expecting.
If it was rough we used alternative routes
colin39 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
We used it in september, it want the m25 i was expecting.
If it was rough we used alternative routes
We did too last September - only used it on a few occasions (we didn’t do universal either which helped)
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

We stayed in LBV last week and always checked google maps before going north. Always the I4 was coming in as quicker than Turkey Lake road which we have used for years so we went I4 and it was busy but fine.
Coming home was busier but manageable.
I think Turkey Lake road had lower speed limits than it used to though as it has more developments on it.
Old 29 Feb 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We used the Funie Steed road this past half term for the first time and we were amazed at how much time it saved, thanks very much for the tip Mick, much appreciated.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’m planning on leaving CSR at 7 am on a Monday morning in May heading to check in to RPR. Will the traffic on the I4 be crazy at that time of the day?
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
I’m planning on leaving CSR at 7 am on a Monday morning in May heading to check in to RPR. Will the traffic on the I4 be crazy at that time of the day?
Google maps suggests 20-35 minutes via I4 that time of day. There will probably be a slowdown near Disney Springs but nothing so bad it I'd bother trying a different way.