Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 28 Feb 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Anyone upgraded their Disney Ultimate to an AP recently?

When I went at the start of last year we managed to upgrade our UK ticket to a DVC Gold AP for $54pp. Wondering if we should try this again when we go in May but I know the prices have gone up since.

Can people please share their recent experiences of doing this. What pass did you upgrade from and to and how much pp did you pay? I'll be getting the DVC Gold again.

Thanks!

Edited at 12:12 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So mine was a few months back now. I did the 14 day to a non-water park pass and it was $600 approx. The DVC ones I believe are still cheaper than this but not sure how much.
Old 28 Feb 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

I obtained a price in Disney Springs last September. It was about $650 so not worth it for us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I obtained a price in Disney Springs last September. It was about $650 so not worth it for us.
That's way better than the $900 quote I got last week - needless to say, I declined the offer!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Current figure with receipts on the facebook groups is about $115 for a DVC Gold Pass which is cheaper than last year. Must mean they have increased the value of the UK tickets.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Current figure with receipts on the facebook groups is about $115 for a DVC Gold Pass which is cheaper than last year. Must mean they have increased the value of the UK tickets.
More likely that DVC gold passes are cheaper than the annual pass we priced up.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Diamondknight
Earning My Ears

Mobile

I paid £640 on top of a 21 day ultimate a fortnight ago, that was for the platinum plus. I’m upgrading 3 more this week, I doubt the price will change much
Diamondknight is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TBh I think it depends on that second Holiday within the 12 months, you get the vast majority of the discounts with your DVC membership, assuming you are staying at your DVC then parking is free so it's all down to the holiday. As we always go at the same time of year, it's a non-starter for us as the AP would always begin/end on same date - we always go for our Anniversary- so it does only work for multiple holidays IMO
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
This is roughly the figure I'm getting. I think they're valuing our tickets at $600 (ish) based on their 10 day hopper & water park pass. Problem is the price should be the same everywhere but it varies so much.
Old 9 Mar 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
This is roughly the figure I'm getting. I think they're valuing our tickets at $600 (ish) based on their 10 day hopper & water park pass. Problem is the price should be the same everywhere but it varies so much.
When was the last time you tried to upgrade?
Since last summer all Disney booths give the same price for the value of the ticket (and price to upgrade to Platinum is shown on the app as well). The only time it differs is if the pass isn't in the system properly (I think its called something like if it shows as a Select pass rather than the Ultimate) at which point the value is significantly less. This has made it much more consistent and you don't have to shop around any more as you will get the same price everywhere.