Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Feb 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
Maybe hope that they don't change the menu after all.

Interesting, if this is a wind up then it's in very poor taste.

Surely the better option, if true, is to ask Virgin to move you to a bulkhead seat so that you don't have to bother anyone as you can step out of your seat.

Edited at 10:19 AM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Right, I’m bailing out of this thread, the OP is doing a great job of pushing everyone’s button, but I’ve read the third seat sleeping pill story before, which sealed it for me.

Others can keep on posting but I’ve better things to do.

Bye bye
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

OP has been on line yesterday evening and today and has clearly chosen not to reply so maybe it not as important as the I initial posts inferred.

Hope the flight goes well and you have a good holiday OP.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

The bottom line is that the OP and their partner booked 2 seats together in a row of 3 hoping they get the row to themselves.
They have done no different to millions of other couples, family, friends etc. every year... me included, many times. We all hope nobody books that aisle seat.

Their fears of flying and medical condition is pretty much an irrelevance.

They want a row of seats to themselves, don't want to move out of the bubble and don't want kids sat near them... I'm not knocking it... it sounds great.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
I read it as he picked the middle seat to support his frightened partner, and hoped the 3rd seat would be empty or at least populated by somebody reasonable.

I dismissed the every 5 or 10 minutes for 9 hours as exaggeration, by other people...not OP. I figure it may be more than normal, but nobody needs to visit the toilet 50 times or more in a flight. Now that may be my ignorance of his condition, but in my experience when I've had a dose of the trots, 50 times in 9 hours simply does not happen. Without being graphic, you basically run out of stuff to evacuate.
I could happily cope with that in the end seat. It's not ridiculous to ask me to stand up a few extra times because he has an issue.

We have the recent debate re middle seats, and remembering the 3rd seat sleeping pill story from 12 months ago, virgin supposedly breaking confidentiality and process by ringing passengers and asking them to move, and mention of child in the 3rd seat. Lots of coincidences and all the buttons are getting pushed. There are also known to be other sets of 3 which are being ignored, both by OP and by Special assistance apparently which would offer a solution. Curiouser and curiouser to quote a Disney character.
Just a quick point. With crohn's or ulcerative colitis you can end up going the toilet every five minutes it's not unusual during a flare up. It's not the trots it's a bowel disease, its usually blood and mucus. But I would hope the OP would be receiving treatment that would mean that this isnt an every day occurrence, as he would be extremely dehydrated and anaemic. I'm not sure I could travel during a full flare up.
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Right, I’m bailing out of this thread, the OP is doing a great job of pushing everyone’s button, but I’ve read the third seat sleeping pill story before, which sealed it for me.

:
As above, I've definitely read about the sleeping pill story before -maybe even on here.

I just don't get how Virgin would discuss anyone's personal business with another passenger, I don't even think an airline would go to the bother of phoning another passenger and asking them to move.

And as for taking a sleeping pill on a day flight, that's downright dangerous. Why on earth would anyone do that?

OP, it was a nice thought that you would have a half empty, quiet flight without children, but I'm afraid that's not how commercial airlines like to do business. That's called a "private jet".
Old 28 Feb 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Emmie2016 View Post
Just a quick point. With crohn's or ulcerative colitis you can end up going the toilet every five minutes it's not unusual during a flare up. It's not the trots it's a bowel disease, its usually blood and mucus. But I would hope the OP would be receiving treatment that would mean that this isnt an every day occurrence, as he would be extremely dehydrated and anaemic. I'm not sure I could travel during a full flare up.
Thanks, I was conscious that the 2 may not be quite the same.
Old 28 Feb 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
disney-girl
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Recommend you read OPs other threads, make your own minds up, and then draw this one to a close. I’ve wasted more time than I care to admit reading this.
disney-girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinnamon girl
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Hello Neil

We don't normally post comments but felt that it was good to add some support and perspective.

Firstly I'm really glad that you were able to get past the ESTA issue; I know that you were worried that your previous conviction for fraud might be a problem.

These travel concerns are minor issues compared to what you have overcome, having been diagnosed with and beaten cancer a couple of years ago.

Regarding the Crohn's disease, going without food for 9 hours might help to control it but as a fellow epileptic myself it would not be good for your epilepsy. or indeed for those cluster headaches.

Maybe you can get the exit row seats? Surely they would have been a better option for you anyway, given your 38 inch legs.

You've had some great advice from people on this site. Hope everything works out for you both and you have a fantastic holiday.

Steven
Cinnamon girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney-girl View Post
Recommend you read OPs other threads, make your own minds up, and then draw this one to a close. I’ve wasted more time than I care to admit reading this.
Was just going to post similar, obviously far too much time on my hands!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread