Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Mar 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Could someone help me out with this please?

It’s been a long day and I’m confused 😐

We have group K booked but we’re now worried about the luggage situation. We’d planned to just ask them what we could swap to out there but if I can make a saving by doing it here first I may as well.

I’ve logged into my booking, and it shows £287.30 as the rental price. When I go to modify booking it just shows group K.

I then went back and selected other options but I don’t really know what order the cars go in, is it just alphabetical and the z is the top level? I did a separate search on BA and that’s not the price order they came up in so I don’t know what to pick.

For example if I pick a group Z from the drop down list it brings up Z with a rental price of £262.74, S £222.41 and L £463.76

If I were to change to S would I get about £40 taken off my balance?

Tbh for such a small saving I think we’ll leave it and see what we can do there if the luggage doesn’t fit. But I’m still wondering what they’ll let us change to as I don’t know if there’s an order to the groups.
As per Tel and Kel's post, the Group K is a convertible Mustang (1 normal sized case in boot and 1x case on rear seats, 2 passengers. )

Group Ks come at a premium in Florida as its a tourist car group, you will get more car for your money switching to a Group Z full size SUV.

The Group L's, premium SUVs again come with a premium tag over a Full size group z SUV. (they are not always the same size, the group L's can be bigger in length, ie Tahoe to a Suburban which is just short of 1 meter longer.)

Without going off topic, if theres more than 2 people travelling in a Group K, you are going to struggle for luggage space to and from the airport.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubba31
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Is £400.90 for 17 days a good price for a group F Ford Escape or similar, that's what my BA voucher is worth?
Highgate Park, HRH, Loews Miami Beach & Key West 2016, Calabay Parc at Tower Lake & Bahamas Cruise 2013, Highgate Park 2011, Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba 2010, Highlands Reserve 2009, 3 Weeks At Westridge / Country Creek 2008, Sunset Ridge 2007, Westridge 2006
Bubba31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bubba31 View Post
Is £400.90 for 17 days a good price for a group F Ford Escape or similar, that's what my BA voucher is worth?
Yes I think so. Mine was £371 for 15 days. Hertz and Alamo were at least £50 more.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreamer
Very Serious Dibber

Disney Dreamer's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Thank you so much Rick!

Had to upgrade to a Group S from Group W as we've increased our numbers. Ended up getting an extra £131 back! Really pleased
Disney Dreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

I just did a little comparison with the Online "quote" and then rang straight up and got a telephone quote so I could see the difference between the 2 - seems to be circa £100 more on the online than phone quotes so gives a good indication on if you can get a saving or not.

Results for me were all for a Group D upgrade (3 weeks)

to Group Z (Tahoe) £315 phone vs £419.10 Online
to Group W (Ford Edge) £263 phone vs £361.02 Online
to Group F (Ford Escape) £227 phone vs £321.42 Online
to Group S (Traverse) £281 phone vs £379.41 online

He was very helpful, very quick and gave me some advice on the different cars and also suggested if those prices were too high I ring up daily as said they can go up hundreds or down hundreds over night so to keep checking.

OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bronzy
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Hi, just went on and modified my flydrive booking to upgrade it from a Chevrolet Cruze to a Tahoe, the original amount said £387.20 and now the new amount is £470. Do I just need to hand the BA voucher over to them at the desk and they will subtract the amount, and I just have to pay the extra £80 or so?

Any help would be appreciated!
Bronzy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bronzy View Post
Hi, just went on and modified my flydrive booking to upgrade it from a Chevrolet Cruze to a Tahoe, the original amount said £387.20 and now the new amount is £470. Do I just need to hand the BA voucher over to them at the desk and they will subtract the amount, and I just have to pay the extra £80 or so?

Any help would be appreciated!
No you don't get a voucher, that's just showing you the amount that BA will pay directly to Avis.

The upgrade amount at the desk will almost certainly be more. You need to ring BA on 0344 493 0787 and select option 1 to change your booking (It seems to ring for ages before you get through to the menu option bit). Have your booking reference handy and the car group you want (Tahoe is Group Z) and just say you are looking for an upgrade price to Group Z and they will work it out for you. You will then either have the amount added to your balance (if you are not at the point where the final payment date has passed) or you will need to just pay the upgrade cost over the phone (if you are past the final balance due date)
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bronzy
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
No you don't get a voucher, that's just showing you the amount that BA will pay directly to Avis.

The upgrade amount at the desk will almost certainly be more. You need to ring BA on 0344 493 0787 and select option 1 to change your booking (It seems to ring for ages before you get through to the menu option bit). Have your booking reference handy and the car group you want (Tahoe is Group Z) and just say you are looking for an upgrade price to Group Z and they will work it out for you. You will then either have the amount added to your balance (if you are not at the point where the final payment date has passed) or you will need to just pay the upgrade cost over the phone (if you are past the final balance due date)
Thanks for your help!

As I've already modified the booking on avisba.com, do I just phone BA up and tell them the situation and that means I only have to pay the extra £83 or whatever? (I've already paid off the full balance of the flight + car)

Edited at 01:04 PM.
Bronzy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bronzy View Post
Thanks for your help!

As I've already modified the booking on avisba.com, do I just phone BA up and tell them the situation and that means I only have to pay the extra £83 or whatever?
As per post one, i've never amended it via online only, always just used this process to give an indication on cost.

I think you will be best to ring BA or check your BA booking to see if the additional amount has now been added to your booking and your AVIS voucher on BA site has been updated to reflect the new car.

You need the paperwork to detail the changes. without, i assume the booking will be out of sync.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bronzy
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
As per post one, i've never amended it via online only, always just used this process to give an indication on cost.

I think you will be best to ring BA or check your BA booking to see if the additional amount has now been added to your booking and your AVIS voucher on BA site has been updated to reflect the new car.

You need the paperwork to detail the changes. without, i assume the booking will be out of sync.
Just checked my account on Avis.co.uk and that is showing the same booking reference but with the car group updated and the new cost of £470, I'll phone BA and check with them to make sure everything is sorted.

Cheers!