Notices

Old 28 Aug 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Sounds like a great trip you have planned. It’s so addictive this Disney lark! 😂

Kat
Thank Kat. It is isn't it! Not long till your next one though! So exciting xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Wow - 3 weeks will be amazing and sounds like a great flight price! Can’t wait for the pre trip report 😀 - you definitely have the Disney bug!
I know can't believe we're going for so long! We haven't haven't we 😱 xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

3 weeks - WOW!
We will be at POFQ around the time you will be leaving so looking forward to your update.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Kelly this is such exciting news, and such a lovely long trip, I am so very jealous. The countdown is already looking rather healthy.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
3 weeks - WOW!
We will be at POFQ around the time you will be leaving so looking forward to your update.
I am so excited! Oh lovely, you'll have to give us a wave if you see us ... I'll probably be stressing as usual or telling someone off I think we're going to go for a look around POFQ ... hoping to have more time to explore the resorts this time xx

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Kelly this is such exciting news, and such a lovely long trip, I am so very jealous. The countdown is already looking rather healthy.
Thanks Colette I am so pleased. Starting to get excited now but feeling rather unplanned and wondering how I'm going to do it all with Uni as this year is my Dissertation

I have a couple of hours to myself tomorrow so I'm gonna try and update this and start some planning for rough days etc ... I don't even know if park hours are out for May yet xx
Old 29 Aug 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

** update **

29th August 2019

So a little update on where the plans are now ... we've booked Premier Inn North at Manchester for Thursday 7th May. The rooms were only £35 each so we've booked 2. Caitlin and I will be in 1 room and Chris and the boys in the other. We aim to leave as soon as the kids are finished school at 3.20pm ish. Probably not the best idea as we'll hit the work traffic so we may stop off for food on the way down. Hoping to be at the Premier Inn by 7pm.

We've booked our parking with VIP Manchester Parking through looking4parking.com. We've used this company both times we've been to Florida and we honestly can't fault them, they're by far the cheapest and fab service. We drop the car off in the drop off area and are met by a member of staff, we hand the keys over and they take the car to a secure car park. When we land we let them know we've arrived and they bring the car back to the car park, we load it up and leave. Great service and I'd recommend to anyone.

We've decided to take advantage of the Universal stay again. We were undecided between Hard Rock which we did last time and Royal Pacific Resort which we did in October. There was only £6 difference and we were just going to go for Royal Pacific as we felt this had a bit more of a relaxed feel ... BUT ...

I click on the room options and had a scroll through for HRH ...
  • Standard Room - £316
  • Club Room - £329

£13 extra for a Club Room

I thought I'd check RPR too as it might be slightly cheaper ...
  • Standard Room - £310
  • Club Room - £402

Well that was decision made! HRH in a Club Room it is we intend to use the club room for drinks and snacks on our first afternoon, maybe snacks/desserts on the evening after our dinner and for breakfast the next morning ... for £13 (which ended up being just £8 as I had rewards with Expedia) I think it's worth it ... Total bargain!

So that's it so far ... I try and get it all updated on the first page tomorrow too xx
Old 29 Aug 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi Kelly great to hear from you again & to see you’ve booked again!, you’ll enjoy the longer trip as it’s so much more relaxed & a fantastic choice of resort.
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
29th August 2019

So a little update on where the plans are now ... we've booked Premier Inn North at Manchester for Thursday 7th May. The rooms were only £35 each so we've booked 2. Caitlin and I will be in 1 room and Chris and the boys in the other. We aim to leave as soon as the kids are finished school at 3.20pm ish. Probably not the best idea as we'll hit the work traffic so we may stop off for food on the way down. Hoping to be at the Premier Inn by 7pm.

We've booked our parking with VIP Manchester Parking through looking4parking.com. We've used this company both times we've been to Florida and we honestly can't fault them, they're by far the cheapest and fab service. We drop the car off in the drop off area and are met by a member of staff, we hand the keys over and they take the car to a secure car park. When we land we let them know we've arrived and they bring the car back to the car park, we load it up and leave. Great service and I'd recommend to anyone.

We've decided to take advantage of the Universal stay again. We were undecided between Hard Rock which we did last time and Royal Pacific Resort which we did in October. There was only £6 difference and we were just going to go for Royal Pacific as we felt this had a bit more of a relaxed feel ... BUT ...

I click on the room options and had a scroll through for HRH ...
  • Standard Room - £316
  • Club Room - £329

£13 extra for a Club Room

I thought I'd check RPR too as it might be slightly cheaper ...
  • Standard Room - £310
  • Club Room - £402

Well that was decision made! HRH in a Club Room it is we intend to use the club room for drinks and snacks on our first afternoon, maybe snacks/desserts on the evening after our dinner and for breakfast the next morning ... for £13 (which ended up being just £8 as I had rewards with Expedia) I think it's worth it ... Total bargain!

So that's it so far ... I try and get it all updated on the first page tomorrow too xx
Gosh you’re organised! Great tip about the parking, I’m going to look into that company!
Fantastic bargain for your club room at universal! How many nights are you staying?
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Love the feeling when you know you are going back.
All the planning and daydreaming is part of the holiday.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MikeH23 View Post
Hi Kelly great to hear from you again & to see you’ve booked again!, you’ll enjoy the longer trip as it’s so much more relaxed & a fantastic choice of resort.
Lovely to hear from you too Mike, hope your keeping well. We have ... I managed to convince Mr Grump I'm sure we will and we already know we love the resort so that's a plus x

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Gosh you’re organised! Great tip about the parking, I’m going to look into that company!
Fantastic bargain for your club room at universal! How many nights are you staying?
Yeah I'm a bit of a planning freak hoping to be able to take this one a bit more chilled though. I will still have a list of what we plan to do each day and what places we want to eat so we don't miss out. Definitely look into them, they're fab. I think if you go through money saving expert you can get a discount code too.

It was a total bargain! We're just staying the one night again, we find the 2 days are enough in Universal for us especially with the express passes x

Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
Love the feeling when you know you are going back.
All the planning and daydreaming is part of the holiday.
It's an amazing feeling isn't it. It certainly is X