Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 14 Sep 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Glad it all went smoothly. The wait in pre clearance would have been giving me palpitations.
I’m always fascinated by duty free shopping... I’ve never got into it , maybe I should !
Amazed how you managed to keep going when you got there , it is such a loooooooong flight.
What a lovely start though, sunset around the pier area and Bubba Gumps. Excellent start to the trip.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Great travel day. We’ve been stuck in those pre clearance queues in Dublin before but all worked out and definitely worth it going straight through when you Arrive. I’m currently on the look out for flights and car for next August to California. Can I ask when you booked yours for this year?
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hurrah travel day is here. Although with a 4am alarm I think I'd hit the snooze button a couple of times too.
I was laughing at you having to run through Dublin as they called out final boarding, that was mean but very funny.
It sounds like a great hotel with you both having a suite and a good location too. You did so well to not just crawl into bed straight away.
I'm looking forward to the rest of the trip, can't wait to read all about it.
Hey Abby
We eventually saw the funny side of it but I could have strangled him at the time
It was so tempting to just crawl into bed but then I knew I would be wide awake at 1am like I was in Vegas. Not making that mistake again
Thank you for reading!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Great start, apart from the rushing around in Dublin San Fran looks amazing already, definitely a bucket list place for me. I love those "pinch me, I'm here" moments, they always make me cry .

You all did so well keeping going to get out for a wander and some dinner.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Glad it all went smoothly. The wait in pre clearance would have been giving me palpitations.
I’m always fascinated by duty free shopping... I’ve never got into it , maybe I should !
Amazed how you managed to keep going when you got there , it is such a loooooooong flight.
What a lovely start though, sunset around the pier area and Bubba Gumps. Excellent start to the trip.
Helen and I were seriously freaking out at one point thinking the plane would go without us. We couldn’t believe how much busier it was than 2 years ago!
Oh you should Amanda, doesn’t feel like I’m going on holiday unless I’ve bought something in Duty Free 😂
The flight is so long isn’t it, the last 4 hours drag by, quite happy we’re doing the East Coast this year 😬
Thank you for reading

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
Great travel day. We’ve been stuck in those pre clearance queues in Dublin before but all worked out and definitely worth it going straight through when you Arrive. I’m currently on the look out for flights and car for next August to California. Can I ask when you booked yours for this year?
Thank you 😃
It was crazy busy but I guess they’re used to it and try and get as many people through as possible, they need to employ more IO though! Was such a great feeling to just get off the plane and get our suitcases.
We booked these flights in January. There had been a really cheap indirect price with Virgin/Delta in October but stupidly didn’t book those. Again around Christmas the price was a bit less than what we paid but more than what we were hoping for so again waited. We ended up paying £2800 for the flights plus Group D car. We then upgraded nearer the time to a Group S for £220. Taking the cost of the car off it makes the flights about £550-600pp so not bad really for the school hols
Old 26 Sep 19, 05:58 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Great start, apart from the rushing around in Dublin San Fran looks amazing already, definitely a bucket list place for me. I love those "pinch me, I'm here" moments, they always make me cry .

You all did so well keeping going to get out for a wander and some dinner.
Thank you 😀
I can highly recommend San Fran, as soon as we arrived I just knew I would love the city!
It was a real lump in the throat moment, just couldn’t believe all the months of planning and we were here
We were like zombies by the end of the meal, no one could string a sentence together 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Hey Michelle
It was the longest travel day, seemed to go on forever!
Hmmm tough one, like you say £500 is a lot I think Id go with the Dublin route. Even though we had a nightmare stopover, the Aer Lingus staff were great. Plus on another day there could be no queues whatsoever! The pre clearance is fab, we were out of SFO really quickly. How much are the flights coming out as? We paid £2800 for the 4 of us plus Group D car although we did then upgrade to a Group S for £220
Hi Alicia, thanks for coming back on this When I first looked, the price including that indirect flight via Dublin was over £5200 for the four of us . Seeing what you had paid made me decide to forget about it for a while. Just checked again and with good (time wise) direct BA flights into SF and out of LA plus upgrade to group F car it was at £3080 today so I just booked it .

Thanks again for the help. So glad to have the flights booked as I’d already booked a couple of hotels . Now just need to go back to the drawing board on the rest of the plans as I’ve changed my mind on a couple of places after doing some more research. Can’t wait to read the rest of your report for inspiration and guidance .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
So excited to see this!

What a great travel day you had, a long one but it all went well. What a trick to play with the announcement.

Dinner looked really good and you did so well to keep going for so long!

Cant wait to read about the rest of your trip
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We also stayed at Columbus Motor Inn, great location and with free parking too, you can forgive it being a bit dated - great trippie!
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List