Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MyMagicHoliday View Post
To everyone this may concern

I have just seen this on twitter after we have just closed for the evening and felt compelled to reply.

My Magic Holiday is indeed part of the Freedom Travel group which is under the Thomas Cook Umbrella.

All customers holidays are protected under an ATOL (Thomas Cook flights or not) and we are a member of ABTA. Which means your money is financially secure.

We have been extremely busy behind the scenes sorting various contingency plans should Thomas Cook go bust, and to make sure we continue trading.

As far as we are aware, from what we have been advised, the deal Thomas Cook have been negotiating should be going through at the end of the month. We are also positive that this will be fine.

We have also been in talks with Disney, and all other suppliers involved to get a clearer idea of how we can move forward in the eventuality that Thomas Cook do go bust.

We are putting the most up to date information on our Facebook page for all customers to see.

Unfortunately, we have to wait it out to see what happens before we can even consider advising what will happen, because Thomas Cook is still trading. Which means all terms and conditions still apply and bookings are still going ahead as planned.

To make you aware, if the deal does go through it does put Thomas Cook in a stronger position than it has been in a long time.

There is a lot of media speculation also, and the stories we have seen do contradict each other, so we are unsure where they are getting information from. But please bear in mind the news can sensationalize stories. Martin Lewis himself today was advising people still to book with Thomas Cook.

If anyone has a booking with us, we would ask you call us within opening hours if you have any questions rather than speculating online. Due to data protection we cannot discuss peoples bookings online.

If you don't have a booking with us, feel free to call us too were more than happy to explain things to you, as we don't want people giving information to our customers that isn't necessarily true and/or that is factually incorrect.

So customers booked with us, please bear with us at this time. We are happy we have made plans behind the scenes to be able to continue to trade, but if they do go bust, please bear with us while we work to help you with your booked holidays!

We are your agent, and you are important to us.

What we can assure you is, that whatever the outcome, we won't be going anywhere!

Our FREE number is 0800 327 7108

We are open tomorrow 10am - 4pm

Mattie
Hi Mattie,

Thanks for this.

Can you confirm that MMH has already paid hotels, flights, park tickets for bookings for which the customer has paid MMH in full ?

If not, do you intend doing so ASAP, so that everything is paid in full in case TC go into administration,

Thanks
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Should I decide to cancel my booking with My Magic Holiday would I lose my full deposit? Assuming I would?
Yes ... so don't
Your deposit will be safe as it will be covered as My Magic have both ATOL and ABTA bonding.
For people with distant bookings losing deposits by rebooking elsewhere is not wise . When companies have gone bust in the past rival operators have taken over existing bookings or offered the same deals and allowed transfers of existing deposits from the failed company to another using an indemnity scheme so literally sit tight for now and don't be panicked into an expensive knee jerk reaction.

Mattie , my heart goes out to you and your team . I've stood where you are and I understand there's a lot going on behind the scenes. Thanks for a very frank post xx
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Sad a company like this is dragged in, but I presume the original owners sold out to TC? Never heard of them before this, but see the shares are largely (but not exclusively) owned by TC through a string of holding companies. Clearly the staff are doing all they can in the circumstances. If Mattie’s message is correct and I have no reason to doubt it, well done to them for making contingency plans.

Edited at 10:22 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RC22 View Post
Because you booked flight and hotel through same operator it still counts

Also sounds like there’s a possibility that MMH could be split off if TC goes under - depends on the administrator. If MMH is profitable (which it sounds like it is) then they could possibly be sold - maybe they coukd buy themselves!

To all. Please take out insurance once you book any part of your holiday. Also ensure you have end user/airline failure. It is more expensive but worth the peace of mind. We have 2 upcoming trips with Norwegian and it’s well worth the peace of mind knowing we can claim back up to £2k flights per person for replacement flights if Norwegian go under.
That was my thoughts about My Magic too ... Dibb buyout anyone ?
I know it's hard but for most people teeth gritting and waiting really is the best thing to do at the moment.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Hi guys,

again just on what I have seen on here.

Just to be clear on my earlier message, if you have a booking with another agent, we cannot help you (I think some people misunderstood my comment). You will need to contact your agent.

If you are booked with us and have any questions please call our free number 0800 3277108. No bookings can be discussed online due to data protection.

With regards to my comment about calling us if you DON'T have a booking with us, this refers to anyone who hasn't booked with us and is speculating how things will work with us, and potentially telling our customers incorrect information. I've seen a few comments on social media from people NOT booked with us giving advice to OUR customers that is factually incorrect.

We don't need a buy out should Cooks go under.

We have contingency plans in place to continue trading as usual with ABTA & ATOL protection.

Not only that, should you have a booking with us, and Cooks go under, we have plans in place to re protect holidays.

I can't really say much else, it's a waiting game for all, but we won't be going anywhere!

I hope this helps!

Mattie

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com

Edited at 11:41 AM.
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mattie. I have dealt with you once and found your customer service excellent.

I wish you and your other staff all the best and fingers crossed it all works out well for you and the customers.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks Mattie for taking the time to address people's concerns.

We're booked with you for next year and have had previous holidays with you and your team and we for 1 family have 100% confidence in you and your fantastic team 👌😎❤️

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks Mattie for taking the time to tell people what you do know and what you can. Glad to hear you won’t be going anywhere as I have my eye on you for our next booking! (Maybe just not quite yet though! &#128513

Hope all works out well for you and your team in all this
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Reading between the lines I’m feeling more confident. Think the uncertainty causes the anxiety to rise.
Customer service has been good with you so far- it’s our first booking with you. I know you are a small team so imagine you are run off your feet at moment so thanks for the update Mattie.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluetrekker
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thanks Mattie, excellent customer service. We are booked with you for next summer (Virgin flights + Disney) and this makes me feel much better. Best of luck at what I’m sure is a hectic time!
Bluetrekker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List