Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Oct 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Just don’t know what to do

TC mess again, I’m afraid!
Booked with them, Man-Mco direct Aug 20th - Sept 4th. We’ve already booked our hotel using Tesco vouchers so really would like to still fly from Manchester and still direct (fear of flying makes the thought of getting on and off extra planes a no go). Just waiting now for Virgin to release prices for the return flight.
My dilemma is this - I’ve read somewhere that, along with getting our money back from our cc for our original TC flights, we can also claim for additional expenses due to TC collapsing. Would the extra money we’re probably going to have to pay out for the Virgin flights be classed as additional expense? And, if it is, could we book like-for-like tickets with Virgin (we had premium outbound and economy back with TC)? I’m worried that we won’t be able to afford Virgin prices when they come out but I’m not sure if I need to be worried at all or if my cc will reimburse me the difference in ticket price as well as my original ticket price? Anyone had any experience of doing this and it being successful? Thanks 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

I am no expert on this but would imagine you can only claim for the TC costs you have paid
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Claiming under section 75 on a credit card, there is a thing called consequential loss, which can cover the difference, I’ve put in a claim for rebooking a hotel after the Amoma collapse, but haven’t had it settled yet. Best thing us to give your credit card company a call and see what they say.

Good luck !

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Would a consequential loss not need to have occurred eg non refundable hotel booking ! I don's see it covering an increase in replacement flight costs ?
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

There's a thread already on this board where people have successfully claimed the difference back. Might be worth a read to see which cc companies have paid out.
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks. I’ve been keeping an eye on the other thread but no one has been paid out yet so I just thought I’d ask if anyone has had anything like this in the past that they’ve been successful with. The thing is, I will have a consequential loss when I buy new flights as I’m sure I’ll have to pay more than I did for my TC flights. I’ll definitely give my cc a call, though, and see what they say 🤞🏻
Old 6 Oct 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Other people are claiming. You have nothing to lose.
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kelly1234 View Post
Other people are claiming. You have nothing to lose.
Lol I will if I book my Virgin flights and can’t afford them 😂
Old 6 Oct 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Lol I will if I book my Virgin flights and can’t afford them 😂
I’m hoping that when late September 2020 flights are released the prices will have calmed down! Just waiting for a chargeback refund for our flights! 🤞
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I messaged Tesco Bank and they’re going to pass my question onto the disputes team, so hopefully they will reply soon. Either way, at least I’ll know when I start looking for flights what I’m doing 😊