Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 3 Dec 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How’s your Christmas build up going?

We have our Christmas decorations up , need to get a new wreath for the door and put up some lights on the newly painted banister. Buy a few gifts on Friday and it’s dh birthday on Thursday so we’ll have a meal out. I have about 25 things to wrap
and going up London for my sisters birthday next week to see the lights. Was supposed to have gone but due to illness never made it. Off to friends for a Christmas visit on Sunday, dh is desperately trying to buy a car or we have to go in the van! Then food shopping and done. I’m cooking Christmas lunch, round my sisters Boxing Day and my boy and his fiancée are back on the 3rd Jan and a meal out on the 4th for his birthday which is on the 1st Jan. What about others, what are you doing or planning to do? 🎄🤶🏻🎅🏻☃️
Old 4 Dec 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I have my decs up although my joiner texted me on Monday asking if he can fit my flooring in hall and front lounge on Tuesday queue pilling everything out of those rooms into the other rooms. It will be back to normal tomorrow but right now it is like a war zone lol!

Otherwise I just have a few bits left to get, ordered my son's gift yesterday and think that is the kids done. Will try to start that wrapping on Friday.
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m finding it difficult this year. I did say I wasn’t buying unnecessary gifts as I usually spend a lot of money buying parcels to open that we don’t really want or need. However now I’m stressing that I’ve bought too little for everyone 😔 Although I cant actually think of anything else to buy. I have only got DH a pair of trousers and chocolates and smellies, I have only got a pair of cheap earrings, chocolates, nightie and smellies. However we have got a lot of theatre tickets for next year which is our real gift that we will enjoy, but we can’t physically open those Xmas day. Our son and his fiancée are having £100 cash and the chocs and smellies plus maybe 3 other gifts. Our 19 DD does have more parcels but it’s all cheap bits, make up, smellies, books and pjs etc so no main gift. It all looks underwhelming

I have made a start on the food and bought a lot of nice things on Monday and the cupboards and freezer is starting to fill up nicely. DD is home from uni for the weekend on Friday so we are going to put the decs up then. She then goes back to uni Sunday and returns for Xmas break on 20 December, our son and his fiancée come Xmas Eve and go back to theirs on Boxing Day. Our eldest is living in Vietnam so we will video call and chat on Christmas Day.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Distinctly lacklustre this year I’m afraid. I’m not in a good place, so xmas is just another day I have to get through.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
It was really hard getting in the swing of things, it’s more like a chore than fun. I do like the meals out, I want it all done so I can relax, looking forward to seeing ds but not all the cooking over Christmas.
Old 4 Dec 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I really haven't even started yet Sandra! Need to get myself together and sort it out.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I really haven't even started yet Sandra! Need to get myself together and sort it out.
I must admit I don’t really feel it but am going through the motions and hoping the Christmas feeling will come. Dh smashed up the car, he’s gone to look at a car and I hope he buys it because I’m to old to be climbing in and of the van! Going out for his birthday tomorrow and Friday so hopefully will feel Christmassy! You still have plenty of time x
Old 4 Dec 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Truly I can't be bothered.

Got to spend 3 days trapped with the outlaws in the north-east. Would much rather be at home. Current plan is to start drinking on the train on the way up and maintain an alcohol level so I really don't care, but not drunk enough to argue when they start spouting about Brexit/EU/the election.

As we will be away, I'm not doing any decorating or buying any christmas food as there is no point and if I don't do it no-one else will.

Did a load of shoeboxes for the homeless in an attempt to kindle some Christmas spirit - that failed miserably.

Told DH he is getting what he gets me every year - nothing - and I'm giving the money to charity instead so at least someone will benefit.

I used to love Christmas as well.
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

I am so behind this year, normally I have everything bought and wrapped by now.
I am not feeling very Christmassy yet and that is because this time last year I was at WDW so I have huge 'this time last year I was at Disney' blues
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by joxxxxx View Post
Truly I can't be bothered.

Got to spend 3 days trapped with the outlaws in the north-east. Would much rather be at home. Current plan is to start drinking on the train on the way up and maintain an alcohol level so I really don't care, but not drunk enough to argue when they start spouting about Brexit/EU/the election.

As we will be away, I'm not doing any decorating or buying any christmas food as there is no point and if I don't do it no-one else will.

Did a load of shoeboxes for the homeless in an attempt to kindle some Christmas spirit - that failed miserably.

Told DH he is getting what he gets me every year - nothing - and I'm giving the money to charity instead so at least someone will benefit.

I used to love Christmas as well.

Oh goodness you have got Christmas blues badly! Your comment about drinking made me laugh, my family always start up about Brexit and politics at sunday dinner, and my mum has already said she isn't tolerating it this year at Christmas. (GO MUM) I will drink with you

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List