Notices

Old 16 Jan 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Just like livin in paradise and I don’t wanna go home...May ‘20. Pre trip report

Just like livin in paradise and I don’t wanna go home...May ‘20. Pre trip report

Welcome to my second Disney trip report. Previous one here

Off one holiday a fabulous cruise (least I assume it will be trip report will be here), only 10 shifts of work then it’s Disney time 🎉

Introducing the Cast

Me: I’m 31. Have always loved Disney. Been now 7 times but only once as a family. I work part time and I’m mum to two crazy girls. 
I try to organise everything but I am terrible at making decisions, I dither and I worry. A lot. So most of the time I make hubby do it just in case I’m having a stupid moment. Unfortunately I’m getting very much like Dory. I am forgetting things. I never remember if I even locked the house. Apologies now but I do ramble, I also go off on random tangents too. I love reading trip reports and I find it good to write them even if it’s only for me. 

Hubby: He’s 32. Will be his birthday before we go. He has been 4 times now. Works full time but for an amazing company. As we work opposite shifts as we have no childcare we don’t get a lot of family time so we really value holidays. 
He pays for everything and he’s said this holiday to Disney won’t repeated. Again! Said this last year so I don’t believe it for one second. Do we think I can get him to do Disney for Christmas 2021? We shall see.

Scarlett: Second trip to Disney. She is 5 nearly 6. So very clever and sarcastic. Cannot say anything to her without getting some kind of comment back. She likes to have the last word. She’s also the drama queen of the family. She loves fast rides. Her favourite is Everest. We went on it 5 times last year. The best bit... hearing me scream. We missed out on tower of terror and space mountain due to hubby’s back problems last year but she has it on her list for definite this time.

Georgia: Also second trip to Disney. She is 4 and half. Very short for her age so she best have grown in the last year or she will miss most big rides again! She is currently 39.5in. She best pull her socks up and start growing she has 4 months! She is absolutely hilarious, definitely the jokester in the house. She can get very stroppy very quickly and she is really defiant and will argue black is white. She wasn’t the best behaved last year so I am hoping that this time will be better, which it definitely seems to be looking this way she’s been very well behaved since transferring schools in November.

Bodie : our black Labrador cross. Definitely a mutt. He will be going to nanans again for his holidays. He was really good last time, although he did nearly get lost when grandad let him off the lead but poor bodie couldn’t hear him shouting when it was time to go back. He’s getting quite old now. He’s 13.

So last year we went to Disney. Was supposed to be a once every 5 years things. Hubby had decided that we would go when little for the princesses. Again before they go to big school and then when finish secondary school. I said I bet you book next year and what do you know. Here we are.

Hubby was so confident we wouldn’t book Disney again we already had two cruises booked for 2020. That all kinda went pear shaped and luckily fell in our favour.

Just to give you a run down. So on day 3 of our holiday last year hubby and kids are in the pool, I’m on the lounger apparently being miserable as I wasn’t in the pool when hubby said cancel the cruises we have to come back next year. I had already looked at annual passes just in case (as I predicted &#128580 hubby wanted to come back. So that’s what we did. We upgraded to annual pass. Yay! And when we were sat in the airport coming home booked for next year for the 2nd June.

Now when we got home after booking I realised that the kids would be out of school for 17 days. Doesn’t really matter for Georgia but i didn’t like it was that many for Scarlett. So I ended up changing it. It’s still 11 school days I think which isn’t brilliant but definitely better. We were also asked to make sure she was back for phonics week which we now have. I was so lucky I changed all this two weeks before Thomas cook went down as our holiday price increased by £2k!

We have 4 months left now to go before Disney. The plan is to work lots as no annual leave left and I need to do overtime, more money for Disney is always better, get some more clothes for the cruise and Disney, finish decorating the house and find a stretching rack for the pint size child.

The plan.

Parking & Flights

Parking is with Manchester airport parking meet and greet through holiday extra. Paid £65! Bargain

Flights are booked with Virgin for 11.10am.

No dibbers row this time. As we changed it later they were all taken so we have a random row of 4. Not particularly looking forward to that. Hubby is still grumbling about this. Apparently doesn’t want to sit in the cattle holding. Suck it up buttercup it’s only 9 hours.

We have not booked the v room or hotel like last year as we thought neither of these were worth it. (Although as I am writing this most places near me are flooded and I am wondering about booking a hotel again. Hmmm)
Update Hubby still says not to bother with hotel and stick to original plan it so looks like we will be setting off at 5.30am. It’s a 1.5hr journey to Manchester. Park for about 7 and should have plenty of time.

Car hire 

Car hire is Alamo. We have a standard suv. Says it’s similar to a rav4. Last year it was a Ford Escape. I didn’t think I would be doing a lot of driving but I did. Hubby drinks at dinner and I drive back cos I don’t like alcohol much, one g&t and I’m done. I also drove a lot cos of problems with his back last time. It wasn’t bad driving. It was quite easy and I will be doing it again this year. We also went with the top insurance as it gave us the two car seats we needed plus the sat nav and both of us can drive. Although we used the maps on our phones through the car. Never needed the nav.

We also have a 3 bed villa with pool that’s allocation on arrival with virgin. This has changed from contempo to love rentals so I hope it’s still the same standards.

This year I paid £4280 with virgin holiday including a 5% discount (flights, car hire with full insurance sat nav and two car seats, 3 bed villa allocation on arrival)

Tickets and itinerary

We upgraded to annual pass last year. Had to put it on a credit card as I couldn’t manage to transfer my savings correctly over there annoyingly so did get a charge for that also. Ended up paying £1769. I think it worked out in our favour as I still saved £160 on car parking last year.

Last thing we paid for was £120 travel insurance (pa through hubby work and will cover us for both holidays this year annoyingly much more expensive this year too) and we already have the esta from last year.

Itinerary

13th May Day 1.
Fly to Orlando, villa, dinner then food shopping.

14th May Day 2.
Pick up magic bands from Port Orleans we think, take a boat up from Disney springs and get beignets like last year. I wasn’t too impressed but everyone else seems to think it’s worth repeating. Do some moseying about. Dinner I’m hoping for Manny’s steak house 😋

15th May Day 3. Epcot rope drop

16th May Day 4. Hollywood Studios rope drop

17th May Day 5. Beach

18th May Day 6. Magic kingdom rope drop

19th May Day 7. Florida mall

20th May Day 8. Epcot night- fireworks

21st May Day 9. ?

22nd May 10. Hollywood studios night- fantasmic

23rd May Day 11. ?

24th May Day 12. ?

25th May Day 13. ?

26th May Day 14. Beach

27th May Day 15. Animal kingdom rope drop

28th May Day 16. ?

29th May Day 17. Magic kingdom fireworks

30th May Day 18. ?

31st May Day 19. ?

1st June Day 20. Beach

2nd June Day 21. ?

3rd June Day 22. Check out. Disney springs. Fly home 6pm.

4 Day 23. Land 9am. Home for 11am ish

The blank days are for villa rests, Florida mall, we are having two or three beach days. As annual pass holders we can only book 7 days worth of fast passes at a time so these are the 7 days so far but will add more days while we are there probably.

Last year we spent £8507 all in and I am hoping for similar this year.
We are up to £6240 already.
Last year we spent $111 a day on food,shopping,petrol etc but I will still over budget. Always like to have more just in case.

I have budgeted £3300 for spends, roughly $4200 which is $200. We only spent $2350 last year. Hoping for similar.

It’s been a whirlwind last 18 months in our family. And I am so glad we are now at a good point in our lives.
I didn’t want to book our back in June 2018 as I thought even by 2019 our kids would still be too little for Disney.
I had actually planned first going in November 2020!
But Disney last year was amazing for them and will be even better this year I just know it.

So exited. But I just know on the last day I won’t wanna go home. I never do.

Costs so far
£4280 - Flights, car hire full insurance, villa
£1769 - Upgrade Disney annual pass including bank fees
£120 - annual travel
Insurance
£65 - parking
Total £6234

Edited at 06:26 PM.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounds fab, can’t wait to see it all xx
Old 16 Jan 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mackenzies03 View Post
Sounds fab, can’t wait to see it all xx
Your beating me there. Hope your trips gonna be awesome too 😎
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Your beating me there. Hope your trips gonna be awesome too 😎
Eeek it’s so soon until we can book fast passes! I will start my trip report at some point, you’ve given me the kick up the butt I need 😂
Old 16 Jan 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mackenzies03 View Post
Eeek it’s so soon until we can book fast passes! I will start my trip report at some point, you’ve given me the kick up the butt I need 😂
I’ve done mine now before it gets hectic. We have a two week cruise in April then Disney in May

Unfortunately my fastpasses open when I’m in the middle of the sea!

Things we do for these holidays
Old 18 Jan 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great holiday! Look forward to reading more of your plans!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It sounds like you are going to have a lovely time. Your girls are a great age for enjoying the magic.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Just started the clothes shopping. Got a few tops for the girls. Now just need new trainers. These kids go through clothes so fast.
Old 26 Jan 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I am sure you will manage to work your magic on DH for another trip

Little ones definitely go through clothes fast. Asda usually have a great sale on summer clothes near Easter so it may be worth looking out for .
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I am sure you will manage to work your magic on DH for another trip

Little ones definitely go through clothes fast. Asda usually have a great sale on summer clothes near Easter so it may be worth looking out for .
Dunno about that. Hubby’s wage is going down for the next few months so I’ll have to find a really good deal. Won’t be till Christmas 2021 anyway so I’ve got a long time.