Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 27 Jan 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Completely new to DVC,help & info how to use it please

Hi guys! Ive been looking at booking a room for two night at the end of our holiday near to Disney springs ( we wont have a car) so walking distance would be good or disney free transport or Uber if needed, first 12 days will be staying I..Drive to make use of IOA & US & will have one night at HRH to take advantage of the two day folp, so end of holiday would like to book into somewhere near disney springs for the 4 of us, have been looking at prices & have seen DVC, im really not sure how DVC works other than you use points to book a room & supposed to be much cheaper than paying with cash ? Am I right ? Wil I really save much doing it this way! & how reliable is booking in this way? Would love animal kingdom but maybe setting my dreams too high! Would love something good for the kids to end our holiday but something near to disney springs not too expensive airport transportation is a must too included ( one reason we want to stay this area) & we can drop off our luggage & enjoy a little bit of Disney before we head off home, anybody can give me has much info as possible, anything i should know & best to go by etc would be so much help, as I said never done this before so any help would be a real help thanks my lovelies

Edited at 12:00 AM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Are you after renting points? I assume so. DVC is a points based timeshare. Owners buy points at a home resort and can use their points to book a room 11 months out there or 7 months at any of the other Disney resorts.
Some owners rent these points. You can rent directly from someone on here on the rental section if there are any (normally about £12 a point) or from a professional agency like DVC Rental Store or David’s Vacation Club- google those sites and have a look, it explains how it works and the points charts (a room has different points per night depending on resort, room type or time of year. )
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Are you after renting points? I assume so. DVC is a points based timeshare. Owners buy points at a home resort and can use their points to book a room 11 months out there or 7 months at any of the other Disney resorts.
Some owners rent these points. You can rent directly from someone on here on the rental section if there are any (normally about £12 a point) or from a professional agency like DVC Rental Store or David’s Vacation Club- google those sites and have a look, it explains how it works and the points charts (a room has different points per night depending on resort, room type or time of year. )
Not sure how its, but im thinking i must be after renting points so i can use them to two night stayover while we're there xx
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Worth checking out resort info for Saratoga Springs which is within walking distance of Disney Springs at disneyvacationclub.disney.go.../points-rooms/

And Animal Kingdom which you need to take the free bus transportation at disneyvacationclub.disney.go.../points-rooms/

Also check out the floor plans to see if you can get by with a studio or require a 1-bed.

A studio at Saratoga Springs booked through the UK Disney web site for 2-nights from 5th Nov is priced at £630 and at AKV in a standard stuido at £546.

In comparison a DVC standard view studio at SSR for 2-nights from 5th Nov would require 28-points so around £340 when renting from a UK member.

While an AKV standard view studio requires 26-points and when renting could cost around £315.

Good luck with your planning.

Edited at 01:18 PM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok first off you do really need to decide on where as there is a points difference- Saratoga is 5 mins walk from Disney Springs, Old Key West is the next closest but is maybe a 20-30 min walk but Animal Kingdom Lodge couldn't be any further away & is probably 20-25 mins on a bus.
Each night costs a certain number of points, Fri & Sat are higher than the rest of the week so a Sun - Thu stay will be less. A studio & a 1 bed has the same number of beds, the main difference is a full kitchen & the main bed has a room of it's own but in both cases the second bed is either a sleeper sofa or a new pull down.
You would get return transport to the Airport ( International not Sanford) but if renting the owner has to book it for you.
Is it alot cheaper ? Actually depends, yes if you were going to stay at a Deluxe anyway but for a Moderate maybe not so much.
Have a look on Dave's DVC rental as they have a very good cost calculator.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

One thing to consider is if you rent points you don't pay for parking at the resort (only cash bookings pay for parking) and don't pay for parking at the parks.

Either way that's a significant saving.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List