Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Feb 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
51st and Green Lounge

We went back and forth a bit about booking this but decided last night to go ahead and book this as we had over 5 hours between flights. We could have booked a later domestic flight but its always good to have plenty time just in case. It was 35 each. Id definitely recommend it if you can take advantage of the 3 hours lounge access.

When we arrived they were serving breakfast. Offerings were tater tots, sausages, scrambled egg, beans, porridge, fruit, pastries and scones.

There were fizzy drinks, fruit juices, different waters and a coffee bar.

Heres some breakfast plates.

Pre teen takeby DS
First impression - it looked posh. The decoration looks like a tornado and they have an Interesting selection of food.
Breakfast offering - very tasty especially the sausages.

We are still in the lounge.

Edited at 02:08 PM.
Rescuer is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Subscribing ... have a fantastic trip
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
welsh wizard
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Have a great time!
Old 9 Feb 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

51st and Green

The lounge switched over to lunch options around 12pm.

There were soups, spiced butternut squash and I think leek and potato. A beef curry, naan breads, rice and veggie pakora. Pastrami, cheese, salmon, salads, breads and crackers. Plus some sweet treats.

We picked at a variety of different plates, sampling most of what they had between the 3 of us.

I had a glass of wine and Dh had a couple of beers. Overall I thought it was a really nice experience and Id totally do it again if in Dublin for a while. We took a couple of cans of juice and a few packets of taytos for the plane.

Pre Teen Take by ds
the spiced butternut squash was good as was smoked salmon with crackers. Mint cake was amazing!
Id come back here!
Old 9 Feb 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Aer Lingus offerings

Plane food- what can I say...
I was a bit unsure of food options on Aer Lingus, I did see that you could pay to upgrade your meal and a lot of people around us had done so, it was fairly pricey and Id already booked the lounge so I didnt really think it was worth it for us, the paid options did look far better though.

Soft drinks were served fairly quickly with the lovely little pretzel snack that lets you know you are on holiday. Only 1 drinks service apart from water and tea and coffee with the food.

Those that had paid to upgrade were served a while before anyone else. Options were chicken in a pepper sauce or beef bolognese. Dh and I had the chicken, ds didnt have anything but just asked for a Fanta.

The french pasta salad was inoffensive but didnt taste of anything. The chicken was ok in texture but I wouldnt call it a pepper sauce, Dh thought I was being a bit harsh. There was soda bread and a lemon mousse. I liked the pudding. I was fairly full from all the lounge eats so it wasnt an issue.

They brought little tubs of vanilla ice cream, this was nice.

Not long to go they brought Chicken Tikka calzone, interesting and not too bad. At this point all the lights were off the window blinds down and the seatbelt signs were on, as they were coincidently for every food service.

Was I impressed with Aer Lingus food options, not at all but I know I could have paid for better.

Pre Teen Take by Ds
The Fanta was good.
Old 9 Feb 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Lounge looks like it was great value, thats brilliant that you managed breakfast and lunch (and wine!) It would appear that plane food is really just to keep you busy for an hour or so, certainly not a dining experience. I hope your flight goes fast!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great review of the lounge. We are flying through Dublin in August so your experience is very interesting.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Ohh, we are off to Universal next week, so reading along with interest
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Excited to be reading this, it might even get me back into the habit of dibbing again! Hope you all have a fab time.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Interesting that you have to eat your food in the dark with blinds down and no lights on. Is this a new tactic so you can't see how bad the food really is? Lol. The Green lounge at the airport looked really nice.
Loobylou_82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List