Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 16 Feb 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Mobile

I think he was in purgatory and was seeing his first wife’s death on ‘loop’ every night
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Were they trying to give it a Hitchcock ‘twist’ ?

I love Agatha Christie books because although there are so many strands to the story and it’s difficult to work out who-dunit, it all gets sorted, explained and concluded.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

...well that was odd.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I watched it. It was a bit weird. It was ok, but nothing brilliant. Although it did have a certain ominous atmosphere about it, which was good.

So, can someone explain a few things...

Why did the woman near the beginning write those names on a bit of paper, including Osborne's name as if he was a victim? Why didn't she write that Osborne was the murderer of all the others?

What had the "witches" got to do with anything? Osborne was trying to get Mark Easterbrook to get rid of them for him because they suspected something but why had he sent that other woman to 'spy' on them?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Here we go digitalspy/tv/a30959...ing-explained/

Got to agree that the leg of lamb was the best bit and I'd have done it myself
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Here we go digitalspy/tv/a30959...ing-explained/

Got to agree that the leg of lamb was the best bit and I'd have done it myself
That link says: "He read about people in the newspaper who seemed likely candidates to want 'obstacles' removed, and wrote to them offering his services. If they replied, he instructed them to go to the Pale Horse in Much Deeping and talk to the fortune tellers there (who were, initially, oblivious to the scheme, being merely harmless fortune tellers)."

But that doesn't make sense. He knew who they wanted to remove as 'obstacles' - he read about the 'obstacles' in the papers - so why send them to the fortune tellers at the Pale Horse? Especially as he then wanted to get rid of the fortune tellers because they knew too much due to, erm, the fact that he sent his clients there to talk about these people they wanted dead.

And I bet the fortune tellers were a bit baffled when these clients were turning up, giving them money and asking them to get rid of their 'obstacles'. You'd think they'd have gone to the police with information about people coming to see them about folk that died a short time later.

It also doesn't explain why Jessie wrote Osborne's name on her incriminating list without stating that he was one doing the murdering. And why she wrote Mark Easterbrook's name in full whereas she didn't write the others in full.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree it quiet simply didn’t make sense- it was as though Sarah Phelps has the Agatha Christie jig saw puzzle of a story - threw it in the air and tried to make something different from all the pieces and the bits she didn’t know what to do with (like the list and the witches ) she just ignored hoping her audience wouldn’t notice !
I have yet to like one of her adaptations - but this was the most unsatisfactory one and not sure I will even bother tying to watch another piece of her work in future . Far too abstract for me
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I agree it quiet simply didn’t make sense- it was as though Sarah Phelps has the Agatha Christie jig saw puzzle of a story - threw it in the air and tried to make something different from all the pieces and the bits she didn’t know what to do with (like the list and the witches ) she just ignored hoping her audience wouldn’t notice !
I have yet to like one of her adaptations - but this was the most unsatisfactory one and not sure I will even bother tying to watch another piece of her work in future . Far too abstract for me
I was distracted looking for sodium lights and burglar alarms! 😉

I’d still like his car though .

Agreed - too abstract for me too!
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
I was distracted looking for sodium lights and burglar alarms! 😉

I’d still like his car though .

Agreed - too abstract for me too!
All I saw on second one was modern vesda fire detection in the hospital (heads clearly visible and trunking) and a CCTV camera by an exit door

Edited at 06:32 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
All I saw on second one was modern vesda fire detection in the hospital and a CCTV camera by an exit door
You are eagle eyed MF !