Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Newcastle, Heathrow, Miami on BA fly drive.

NCL is one of the best airports in the UK for parking.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We're in the NE and this year we're flying VA direct from Glasgow.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
julie42
Imagineer

julie42's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've done Yarm to Manchester airport before, it was great, no problems at all.
Old 25 Feb 20, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
I used to live in Durham and always looked at flights from the NE (Newcastle, Manchester), but it was always cheaper for me to get the train down to London and fly from there sadly... we could get really cheap train tickets if booked 3 months in advance.
Hi Wismgari, since LNER took over, advance fares, bought on day of release, have increased. LNER had an issue, hence our 11th Nov, Durham to Kings Cross, wasn't released until 20th Sept. First, off-peak, Durham to Kings Cross, with Two Together railcard, was £93.10. Two First, off peak, Durham to Man Airport fares was £49.20.

Originally Posted by julie42 View Post
We've done Yarm to Manchester airport before, it was great, no problems at all.
Hi Julie - Durham to Man Airport service is also canny, fare increases less than LNER's mainline to Kings Cross. With railcard 2 Durham to Man Airport First was £49.20, whereas Man to Durham fares are higher. Paid £67.50 for 2 on our 9th May, First Man airport to Durham, with railcard.
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Wismgari, since LNER took over, advance fares, bought on day of release, have increased. LNER had an issue, hence our 11th Nov, Durham to Kings Cross, wasn't released until 20th Sept. First, off-peak, Durham to Kings Cross, with Two Together railcard, was £93.10. Two First, off peak, Durham to Man Airport fares was £49.20.
Ouch, not sure what has happened there! It was LNER when I did it - last one being in October. I have never bought first class so I can't comment on that, but we travelled down on the cheapest afternoon train from Durham (usually about 4pm) and it cost about £25 for 2 with the Two Together rail card. They were releasing tickets at weird times though, I remember them not being available until about 7 weeks before and certain times were more expensive. The bargains were still there in October though. Shame if it has changed now Sounds like it is pretty variable sadly, I must have always been fortunate even with LNER!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Ouch, not sure what has happened there! It was LNER when I did it - last one being in October. I have never bought first class so I can't comment on that, but we travelled down on the cheapest afternoon train from Durham (usually about 4pm) and it cost about £25 for 2 with the Two Together rail card. They were releasing tickets at weird times though, I remember them not being available until about 7 weeks before and certain times were more expensive. The bargains were still there in October though. Shame if it has changed now Sounds like it is pretty variable sadly, I must have always been fortunate even with LNER!
Hi Wismgri - just did a Mon 4th May search, cheapest standard class, for two, with railcard was a canny £38.50 (£71.50 in First). I wonder if our 11th Nov fare was due to not being able to book advance tickets until 20th Sept, prior to that they were significantly higher, if travellers were sucking that up it may explain limited advance fares and our £93 Two Together fare, which, at the time, was only £15 higher than standard class. Checked a few May days, some £29.50 with Two Together were available

After our First LNER experience we wouldn't do that again, food was abysmal, coffee cold, carriage very cold, all were sat in their coats, scarves and gloves, after walking into a warm carriage I asked the train Manager if he could resolve, claimed he would but never did.
Old 28 Feb 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We did Newcastle lhr jfk Orlando (or tampa)

We came back Orlando Atlanta LHR Newcastle.

We have previously done the lhr /Gatwick transfer and I prefer to go via JFK than to change airports.

I’d like to go via Dublin but the price has never been right.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jollys
Getting Excited

TUI direct from Doncaster
jollys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List