Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 23 Feb 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile 21 day tickets for 17 nights or not?

We originally booked 14 nights but now have 17 (13 pofq and 4 blt in dvc) my original plan was to factor in down time as the kids are only 6 and 3 but a few people on here said it’s nice having first and last day in the park.

Is it worth the 160 to upgrade for the few extra days? Especially given how close to mk we will be.

Thanks
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Peronally I wouldn't bother. You can use for the 15th day if you miss a day in the middle anyway. I would have a chill pool day the first day with children that age too.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Personally, I wouldn’t bother. I would have a chill day the first day, getting my bearings. Then hit the parks for 15 days with a day off in the middle. Then perhaps spend the money you save on an airboat ride, or some other ‘experience’ On the last day. Something to really look forward to. Or resort hop round the monorail and eat ice cream all day!

But hey, we’re all different, and there’s plenty of people who will probably say spend the whole time in Disney! But it wouldn’t bother me (we’re actually touring round, so not even possible to spend the first and last days of the holiday at Disney)
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

As I said on your other thread don't under estimate how tiring it is. 17 nights is a long time and I would recommend factoring in some rest time particularly with kids that young. I've seen many cranky kids in the parks. As well as the walking the heat and humidity are draining. The 14 days don't have to be consecutive so you could always do 13 days with a break or 2 then go to a park on your last day. I go for 10 to 12 days and don't go to the parks every day.

Edited at 05:00 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bethyboo
Excited about Disney

Bethyboo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
As I said on your other thread don't under estimate how tiring it is. 17 nights is a long time and I would recommend factoring in some rest time particularly with kids that young. I've seen many cranky kids in the parks. As well as the walking the heat and humidity are draining. The 14 days don't have to be consecutive so you could always do 13 days with a break or 2 then go to a park on your last day. I go for 10 to 12 days and don't go to the parks every day.
When did it change that the days don't need to be consecutive? We haven't done the Disney Parks since 2014, but I assumed the tickets still had an expiry date 14 days from first use.
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Personally,I would extend the tickets,and have as I find flexibility is key,especially with little ones,and also as my boys have asd we rarely do long in the parks.Its so nice to not have to think about which days we can go in or out,just relax and take it day by day, especially as you are so near at BLT.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thanks all. Donaldfan I’m definitely factoring in plenty of rest time- in fact that’s what’s making me want to extend them as means we can pop to the parks and leave meaning we have a little more time overall and not such a rush.
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree with Nadya above. I would not hesitate to have that extra flexibility for £160.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
The UK 14 day ticket expires on day 15, if there is at least one day off somewhere in the middle. They wouldn't be able to take 2 days off and use the ticket on the last day of the holiday. The maximum is 14 park days over 15.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thanks that’s what somebody said on a previous post. So if we arrive on 10th, start on the 11th and take a day off in middle it would expire 25th? That would leave 2 days at the end (one of which is leaving day)

Would we miss being in the parks on those days? Especially being in blt and being so close?

Thanks