Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Feb 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by abbymeg View Post
We go at the end of May.

Regarding Autism, I've just spoken with DAS. There isn't much they can do. It might be one member of the group can go in at opening and do the app lottery to try and get a boarding pass, but they said it was at the discretion of guest services whether they would add the others if not present and cannot be guaranteed. From what Dibbers have said on the boards, this might limit chances too as it would be better for all of us to be there with phones trying the app.

The other thing we will struggle with is the unpredictability of the wait. We have to do the parks in bursts rather than long days for DD.
If we are successful, it could be late in the day. DD wouldn't tolerate 12 hours in a park waiting to board. This is without even taking into account that she will find the crowd at opening hard to deal with. We've been 4 times, including in August, so do have coping mechanisms for crowded times, but this one sounds like it's not going to be manageable for us.

I think I'm going to have to send DH and DS in alone and accept that DD and I won't be riding... at least for a couple of years until the Guardians ride opens and all the crowds head to Epcot instead .

The whole thing is a massive pain and not cognitive disability friendly at all.
I’m with you there. Autism has to work in the concrete. So the unpredictability if will we / won’t we get a boarding group, will we log on, when will be go on it, will we be called, we weren’t successful but we might be next time etc etc... heads right for a meltdown. My son will be restless and agitated the whole time, he wouldn’t sleep for worrying and he would go on and on about it until it became a concrete entity. He’s too old and aware to hide any of it from him either. It’s all a big shame really and I’m surprised Disney weren’t any more helpful, others have reported being given more positive help but whether that translates into on the day help - who knows!
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

I cant remember what forum I read it on, I remember googling about riding ROR with a DAS.
This is what I came across, It was someones experience on how it worked for them.

They got to the park for opening, They got their boarding pass number, They then went to a cast member who then added a DAS to their ride, So they had a time to come back within a hour, Then when they went to the ride for their time they were taken through the FP lane and taken to the front of line for the start of the adventure. As even those that have boarding times it can still be a good hour queue.

So my understanding is you still have to be in the park for opening, But you wont have to wait in the park all day or queue for boarding because the DAS will kick in.

Sorry I cant help where I read this as Ive done so much researching on finding how we are going to tackle this ride, I really cant remember.
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

We had a DAS in place for my youngest.

We did Boarding Group in the normal way (stressful for everyone), but when we got called we told a Cast Member and they let us through the FP route.

I guess the reason why, aside from the above, they don't do anything special with regards to DAS for RoR is a) logistics and b) that it would likely be abused (more than DAS is abused at the moment) due to the demand for the ride.
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List