Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SAFC_FTM
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Questions for our June trip

Hi, we are booked up for this year on 13th June for 2 weeks flying out from Doncaster with Tui.
Have a villa booked in Storey Lake and will be staying there with my wife , 2 kids, brother in law, his wife and their 2 kids.

My family have visited Orlando previously in September 2018 staying at LBV resort and Spa which we loved.
We never bothered with hire car in 2018 and just used Uber/Lyft which worked fine for us so we plan on doing exactly the same. This time we may also use Lynx bus weekly pass due to a stop being right outside Storey Lake for the 55 and 56 routes.

The brother in law and his clan have never been before and have been happy leaving everything to us.

Park wise we are just doing Disney, same as we previously did in 2018. We like to go at a fairly relaxed pace and only rope dropped twice during our last visit (for FOP and Slinky).
Luckily or kids are fairly relaxed too and like to spend a lot of time in resort pool, hence one of the reasons for picking Storey Lake.

I'm pretty organised for most things just looking for some advice on a couple of topics.

I'm thinking about booking a night at Wilderness but without actually staying there.
I see the cost Vs benefits as being worth it is it will allow brother in law and his clan to get Magicbands (we still have ours from 2018). Also it will give us 60 days FP for 2 days during our stay.
Looking at the date to choose is where I'm getting a bit stuck. Busy days guide would advise against AK and HS on certain dates because of EMH.
My thinking is though would I not be better choosing my Wilderness booking for a date where HS and AK have EMH consecutively and take advantage of both of these?

My second issue is relating to FP.
Our Disney tickets have been booked separate for each family. When booking fastpasses am I better to combine everyone in my Disney app and try for a booking of 8 people for FP or just go separate as groups of 4?

Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.
SAFC_FTM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post

I presume you mean the campsites at Fort Wilderness. Unfortunately I don't think you can book these from the UK site, only the US site but most people seem to be geo blocked from getting to it lately. You could book the cheapest value hotel though if you cant get it.

The busy day guide advises offsite guests to avoid EMH but onsite guests to make use of them. If you went Saturday - Sunday or Sunday - Monday you will probably get EMH for AK and HS.

I would link accounts and try to get fastpasses for everyone in one go. If you have trouble, try breaking it down them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SAFC_FTM
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Yes I was looking at the Sunday - Monday option for the EMH days.

Other option is to go for Monday - Tuesday which is listed as less busy days for AK and HS.

Any opinions on which of these would get better availability for 60 FP for FOP as that is the main one our group would be bothered about?
SAFC_FTM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SAFC_FTM View Post
Yes I was looking at the Sunday - Monday option for the EMH days.

Other option is to go for Monday - Tuesday which is listed as less busy days for AK and HS.

Any opinions on which of these would get better availability for 60 FP for FOP as that is the main one our group would be bothered about?
The busy guide always puts the park that had EMH the day before as most recommended the following day. It is a default on the logic that the onsite guests all went to it the previous day for EMH so would stay away the next day. I wouldn't take it to mean that it definitely will be quiet that day.

As you are only onsite for two days, I would use the EMH not the busy day guide. I would make it HS Sunday and AK Monday if FOP is the priority. You still might not get FOP but you would have more chance on the second day than the first day. I doubt you would get any of the HS tier 1 rides on either day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List