Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Feb 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Would think it’s the soil and grass that seems to have come away from where it meets the tarmac. Most country roads seem to be like this.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Def the verge, most of the lanes here are the same. The ones by our school you could literally loose a tyre down.
Old 25 Feb 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I live in the countryside and the road doesn’t look at all unusual to me. Some country roads are narrow and have passing points which might be required on this one. I think you are wasting your time assuming this is a claim.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
If that was a road in rural Lincolnshire where I come from we would at it’s being well maintained compared to most other rural roads
It is a road in Lincolnshire but not too rural!
Old 25 Feb 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I live in the countryside and the road doesn’t look at all unusual to me. Some country roads are narrow and have passing points which might be required on this one. I think you are wasting your time assuming this is a claim.
It is a claim for 2 new tyres as no passing places.
Old 25 Feb 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Why? Have you run out of things to do of a Tuesday?

The verges are cut, the ditches are maintained, there are many layers of road surfacing visible, the top one looks in reasonable condition, there is some water running along where cars drive over the edge of the road, but it has been rather wet of late.

It looks fairly typical of the many, many miles of road I travel on. Who is trying to tell you that it hasn't been maintained, and why would they even do that? Am I missing something?
No not run out of things but had to get 2 new tyres after going down the side of the road - the road is worn away and 12cm height difference where the road has crumbled.
Old 25 Feb 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
Could be classed a verge although part of highway these are maintained in different ways.
Would require a measurement of width of road at parts to see what width this road is.
Appears to be a minor road with no defined kerb however.
Would be hard to prove or disprove as its it's right on edge.
I assume your making a claim
Yes claim for tyres. You can see the edge of the road at front of photo but the bit that is worn away is 12cm lower and not the verge.

Edited at 12:50 PM.
Old 25 Feb 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
It is a claim for 2 new tyres as no passing places.
There looks to be a passing place in your photo, top right. That is where I would pull over or expect the driver on that side to pull over.
Old 25 Feb 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

If road space was at such a premium, then vehicles should have slowed to a crawl where this damage would have been unlikely to have happened. If driving at a speed where damage happened as you had to drop down the verge - that might be considered dangerous. The steering could easily have been pulled to cause a bad accident.
If there wasn't enough room, I would have stopped and allow the other driver manoeuvre past.

Edited at 01:53 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

The tarmac at road height clearly doesn’t run in a straight line so some erosion has taken place
It appears some erosion on other side as well but without close ups of that side and a more general long view to see where nearest passing place ( or safe place to go on grass is ) hard to tell

Also is the road meant to allow 2 cars to pass generally ?
It’s hard to tell where the tarmac should be and where the grass should be but suspect not enough erosion to mean you couldn’t pass at at least a nearby point if both driving slowly past each other
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread