Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Feb 20, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Am I crazy? Non Disney feb trip

We love a feb half term holiday, we’ve done a few canaries and been lucky with weather but cold pools does make it a bit of a pain and hard to entertain a child, we’ve done two years in the Caribbean which has been brilliant but we are keen to do a non hotel based holiday and my non Disney loving husband is actually wanting to do a Florida villa! I’m going onsite full on Disney in November with just my parents, feb would be no Disney probably sea world but also just heated pool chill out in a lovely villa. I know the weather can be hit and miss but with sea world and Disney springs mini golf and a warm villa pool should be ok? Am mad to do Orlando twice in such a short tIme frame?
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

No. We have just got back from a feb half term 10 day trip. No disney apart from 1 character breakfast at Beach club.

Bag some cheap flights and it is well worth the trip imo.

We are going again in August, though I think we are going to pretty much cut all parks (except water parks) out for that trip.

Start hunting those bargain flights!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

What is it about Disney your husband doesn’t like? Would Universal be of more interest? Tickets are cheaper too.
We have just returned from a two week trip and the weather was gorgeous except for one day (when it was trousers and hoodies and I bought a scarf!) pool time would have been lovely and we did a couple of late afternoon hours. I’d go for it!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

As long as you are happy knowing that it can drop down into the 60s some days then go for it.
Old 26 Feb 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve been thinking about a week in Feb next year, my dh wants to go to the Super Bowl, I know he prob won’t get tickets but he wants to soak up the atmosphere, and I want to soak up the sun! The kids would be at school and we wouldn’t go to the parks, just chill out, as we love Florida. Found flights to Miami with a car for less than £1000 for the 2 of us. Very tempted!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Moogles Smith
slightly serious Dibber

We have just returned from an 11 night feb trip and did the Disney parks but to be honest it wasn't fun and the next trip will be either universal or a day or 2 at sea world, aquatica etc and lots of resort/pool time.

Parks were far too busy, FP lines long and generally done the parks to death.
We had amazing weather but it was due to drop to 14 degrees the day we left yet it was high 20's early 30's for most of our time.

DVC Owner - Polynesian
Moogles Smith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

We’ve just returned from a week over half term and didn’t do any parks at all. Our Disney fix was a visit to Disney Springs! We’ve been to Florida a few times so this time we literally chilled and watched the kids in the pool. The weather was fantastic apart from our last day going home when it was freeeeezing!

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

We have also just returned from 10 nights non Disney, although we did other parks.
We had a great time and would even consider a non park holiday in the future. There is loads to do.
Our DS Girlfriend asked how we managed to fit Disney parks in previously.
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
We love a feb half term holiday, we’ve done a few canaries and been lucky with weather but cold pools does make it a bit of a pain and hard to entertain a child, we’ve done two years in the Caribbean which has been brilliant but we are keen to do a non hotel based holiday and my non Disney loving husband is actually wanting to do a Florida villa! I’m going onsite full on Disney in November with just my parents, feb would be no Disney probably sea world but also just heated pool chill out in a lovely villa. I know the weather can be hit and miss but with sea world and Disney springs mini golf and a warm villa pool should be ok? Am mad to do Orlando twice in such a short tIme frame?

There is no way I would endure a nine hour flight to chill out in a villa in Florida. But that is irrelevant, if it appeals to you then why not.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

It depends what you want.
I’ve been and been happy to have villa time, hit some golf balls, out for meals.
I took my clubs 2 years ago and spent 2 weeks in the parks. £90 to carry my clubs on and off a plane.
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List