Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Feb 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

To be fair our local Hermes deliveries aren’t too bad. Not always great but ok.

I have to say if the only option is delivery to a place of work which could be closed if a delivery time is all day and up to a night time slot, I use the option to get it delivered to a parcelshop and pick up then when convenient.

The problem with a workplace delivery is that Hermes can still be delivering after a workplace closes.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

You can contact Hermes go on help
And then contact us and a little blue icon will appear bottom right it's a live chat feature which is open until 8pm.

Alternatively I would put a post on your local Facebook group asking if anyone knows the contact number for the Hermes delivery driver

Ours is called Eddie and he's always answering our 'Homewatch' group questions 🙃
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
They are just awful, my order was from Holland and Barrett ,’said they had tried to deliver when they hadnt 😡

I void never to use them again
Was ordering from another site and got the option of upgrading to DPD so did that rather than use Hermes
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

I ordered a hand made painted cup for my friend for Christmas and the person I ordered from uses them, they threw the package over my 6ft side gate onto concrete paving in the rain! They posted a note through the door saying my parcel was over the gate The parcel was soaking but luckily so well packed the cup was intact!

I ordered a blanket from the same person and Hermes said they tried to deliver but my drive had restricted access? It's a very large paved drive which you can park 5 cars on, I took a picture and sent it to the person who challenged Hermes, they then said no one was home! They delivered the next day and threw the parcel over the 6ft gate again in the rain! Luckily once again no damage.
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
You can contact Hermes go on help
And then contact us and a little blue icon will appear bottom right it's a live chat feature which is open until 8pm.

Alternatively I would put a post on your local Facebook group asking if anyone knows the contact number for the Hermes delivery driver

Ours is called Eddie and he's always answering our 'Homewatch' group questions 🙃
I did that the other night it’s a bot after 6. You get the live chat between 8 and 6 but to be honest they are as helpful as a chocolate fire guard. She basically told me they had struggled to deliver - the email told me that, asked me for a postcode and anything else that might help - well the postcode was already provided as was the full address and company name etc not much else I could give other than a description of the building. I told her no one would be in after 4.30 - delivery was arranged between 4pm and 8pm. I told her if the parcel didn’t arrive I would be complaining to QVC.
The number to call just gave automated messages.
I’ve spoken to QVC tonight and been told to give it to Friday and call back - they are supposed to make 3 delivery attempts. I’m just worried they will just leave it somewhere as it first require a signature. At least I’ve logged my initial complaint tonight so if they do dump it somewhere and it doesn’t turn up.
I’ll just wait til Friday and contact QVC again - I won’t be contacting Hermes.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
To be fair our local Hermes deliveries aren’t too bad. Not always great but ok.

I have to say if the only option is delivery to a place of work which could be closed if a delivery time is all day and up to a night time slot, I use the option to get it delivered to a parcelshop and pick up then when convenient.

The problem with a workplace delivery is that Hermes can still be delivering after a workplace closes.
I choose to have it delivered to hubby’s work via generally deliveries are between 9-5ish midweek and no one will be here. I order from all over the place and never gave any issues with my parcels. Have had loads of stuff from QVC - always delivered to my hubby’s works. This is the first time EVER I’ve known a delivery in a Sunday and the first time EVER that I’ve had a parcel not delivered because they can’t find it.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
I know this doesn't really help, but I try to avoid My Hermes wherever possible after they threw £200 worth of handmade wedding jewellery over my garden gate in the rain! When I got home from work I found the sodden parcel by total accident, no note was left, but fortunately the person I ordered the jewellery from had packaged it really, really well so it wasn't damaged.

I hope you get your deliveries soon, but like others said I would definitely feed back to the original supplier i.e. QVC to tell them about the experience you have been having. It's just not good enough is it!
Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
They are just awful, my order was from Holland and Barrett ,’said they had tried to deliver when they hadnt 😡

I void never to use them again
Was ordering from another site and got the option of upgrading to DPD so did that rather than use Hermes
I don’t understand the comments about never using them again, unless you mean you run a business selling items of course. I have never got to choose the courier that a seller chooses to use, it is their choice not mine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t understand the comments about never using them again, unless you mean you run a business selling items of course. I have never got to choose the courier that a seller chooses to use, it is their choice not mine.
I've never had a choice either. I order something then I get a notification of who is delivering it.

As it happens I have a Superdrug delivery today and Hermes are delivering. Maybe my Mate as he works for them

I think it depends where you live as to issues occurring. Our Guys from whichever firm are really good.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

The lady who delivers for Hermes in our area is a treasure. She knows everyone and their preferences for delivery when we aren’t in. Our daughter lives half a mile away and she brings her stuff to us if she isn’t in.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

I have no problems with hermes when they are delivering, but it's a different matter when I try and get them to collect an item - complete nightmare.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List