Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Feb 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm getting dejavu on this thread...
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My dh and I went to Edinburgh for the first time 8 years ago and I knew my way around and how to get to places , was very weird but also an amazing feeling .
Wasn’t places I’d seen on tv or anything as these were kind of lesser known alleys/cut-thru’s.
We’re from the south so was my first time in Scotland and dh was even baffled how I knew
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I'm getting dejavu on this thread...
That's nice and kind of you to say so.

Edited at 01:35 PM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I’m another one who has had dreams which seem to see into the future. One that stands out is a dream I had when I was 16/17. It was quite detailed and I won’t go into it all but it involved my friend and I meeting two boys, a garage with a hole in the wall and motorbikes. I told my friend about the dream and thought no more about it.

A few weeks later we met two boys who worked in a garage repair shop. One had a motorbike and when we visited the garage there was a large hole in one of the walls covered with tarpaulin. The strange thing is none of this rung any bells with me and it was my friend who reminded me about my dream (she was a bit freaked).

I don’t know if there is any explanation for these things. As I got older these type of dreams happened less or do I just not remember.

Edit: I had never been in that part of the city before so could not have been in that garage and forgot (and we didn’t have a car anyway).

Edited at 02:11 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I’m another one who has had dreams which seem to see into the future. One that stands out is a dream I had when I was 16/17. It was quite detailed and I won’t go into it all but it involved my friend and I meeting two boys, a garage with a hole in the wall and motorbikes. I told my friend about the dream and thought no more about it.

A few weeks later we met two boys who worked in a garage repair shop. One had a motorbike and when we visited the garage there was a large hole in one of the walls covered with tarpaulin. The strange thing is none of this rung any bells with me and it was my friend who reminded me about my dream (she was a bit freaked).

I don’t know if there is an explanation for these things. As I got older these type of dreams happened less or do I just not remember.

It really is odd how the brain works. So much that we do not understand, like you, as I have aged, these episodes seemed to have lessened, maybe our cells are dying!
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I still have lots of weird dreams though - most of which I am happy to have not come true!

I have found this thread really interesting as I have never met anyone in real life who had dreams come true like me.

I have just remembered something else but it was not a dream. My husband and I were on a road trip in America and were talking about how hungry we were getting. I turned and said to him - there’s a Walmart over that hill there down on the right. We drove over and there Walmart was sitting on the right hand side of the road! We had never been in that area before. My husband thinks I am weird at times.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
welsh wizard
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Do you think that's a past life connection?

The second I seen my Dh for the first time I felt a really deep love and connection with him.
I did think so at the time. I felt safe and calm around her it was so strange. If you knew me you'd realise how odd it was, I'm not a massive people person and tend to keep myself to myself. I just wanted to hug her (I didn't )
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

That’s a definite past life memory and recognition of each other, you must have loved each other deeply maybe over many life times. Some souls are just meant for each other.🥰🥰
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Butterbeer View Post
I used to experience deja vu a lot. I still do occasionally but not as much as I used to. I've definitely experienced it where I've been to a place that I know I've never been to before, but the place has felt so strangely familiar that I've had to question myself as to whether I've just forgotten going there in the past, even though I know that is not the case! My deja vu is more often a conversation or situation that I'm in though, and I know what will happen next or how the rest of the conversation will go, word for word. It has happened even when it is a situation I've never been in before, or when I've spoke to people I've never spoken to before, so it's not like my brain is just fast forwarding or some thing based on past experience It's a very odd feeling isn't it!
as Butterbeer, I too have always experienced it quite a lot and still do. Mine too is very often conversations, even with strangers, and I can hear whats coming next, from someone, in my head before they say it! I know exactly how the whole scenario will play out.
As a child I went on a school visit to the Bastille in Paris. In the prison cells area I started shaking & began to cry and had to be taken out. I can only say I felt as though I had been in there before & it hurt & upset me mentally to be there.

Edited at 03:35 PM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
as Butterbeer, I too have always experienced it quite a lot and still do. Mine too is very often conversations, even with strangers, and I can hear whats coming next, from someone, in my head before they say it!
If there is a film I haven't seen for ages and I would really like to see it I start thinking about it a lot and within usually a week the film is advertised on TV
Do you get any indications of Lottery Numbers in future draws?
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List