Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Feb 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
HolidayDreams
Excited about Disney

Cruise summer 2021 - best on board credit

Hi, I am eagerly waiting for the DCL prices to be relased for everyone tomorrow so we can get a quote for our first cruise!
I am weighing up where to get quotes from, one option mentioned is a US TA, there is also on board credit with them. Do all TAs give the same amount and what would the amount be?
It would be a 4 night cruise.
This would be tagged on a trip to WDW which we did as our Once in a Lifetime in 2017 😀.
As a backup in case the prices are silly money I am also looking at RC which seems much cheaper. Any idea when they are released for summer 2021?

Thanks for any advice.

Edited at 11:25 AM.
HolidayDreams is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I booked my September DCL cruise with Dreams Unlimited. As far as I can see they give the best onboard credit. I'm a solo cruiser and I got $100 on board credit.

They calculate it as a % of your cruise cost.

With Dreams Unlimited they give you a profile and login to to their site. I have been paying off my cruise in installments.

Another benefit of using an American Travel Agent is that when I log in to the DCL App I can buy all the stateroom gifts and drinks packages. Europeans who book direct with Disney or through a European Travel Agent don't have access to this on the App and have to phone DCL about 6 weeks before departure to buy any stateroom gifts or drinks packages
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidayDreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks, that is useful.
Is the cancellation policy the same? DCL have full refund up to 90 days.
HolidayDreams is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HolidayDreams View Post
Thanks, that is useful.
Is the cancellation policy the same? DCL have full refund up to 90 days.
This is their website dreamsunlimitedtravel/

They will book your WDW package as well.

This is their terms and conditions page dreamsunlimitedtravel.co...ruiseterms.htm

All notifications of cancellations must be received in our offices prior to 5 pm Eastern Time to be processed the same day. Any notifications received after 5 pm Eastern Time will be processed the next business day.

Cancellations may be made by telephone or in writing. Changes to the vacation commencement date or changes of Guest names are subject to cancellation fees, stateroom and occupancy availability and prevailing rates at the time of the change. For cancellations, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees and other amounts owed, will be promptly refunded. No refunds will be made in the event of interruption or cancellation by the Guest after vacation commencement date. All appropriate refunds will be made directly to the Guest's credit card account or through the Guest's Travel Agent if the reservation is made through a Travel Agent. Disney Cruise Line is not responsible for the receipt of refund monies by Guests from their Travel Agents. When applicable, monies are refunded based on exchange rates at the time of cancellation, not the exchange rate at the time of payment. All travel documents including airline tickets must be returned before refund processing can begin. Certain Travel Agents may withhold an agency cancellation fee. Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to restrict any changes to a reservation. All changes are subject to availability. Please note that changes made to overall party size may result in a change to the rate. For your peace of mind, we recommend the purchase of the Vacation Protection Plan. Premiums for the Vacation Protection Plan must be paid by the final payment due date, and the Vacation protection Plan is not effective until final vacation payment is made.

The charts below outline the current cancellation policy for DCL cruises 1 to 5 nights in length:

Payment due on non-suites/non-concierge staterooms 90 days prior to sailing.

If you cancel within this period: The cancellation fee is:
Non-suites/concierge staterooms: 89 - 45 Days prior to sail Loss of Deposit per guest.
Non-suites/concierge staterooms: 44 - 30 Days prior to sail 50% of vacation price per guest
Non-suites/concierge staterooms: 29 - 15 Days prior to sail 75% of vacation price per guest
Non-suites/concierge staterooms: 14 Days or less before sailing No refund
Payment due on suites/concierge staterooms 120 prior to sailing.

Suites/concierge staterooms : 120+ days prior to sail Loss of Deposit per guest.
Suites/concierge staterooms: 119 - 56 Days prior to sail 50% of vacation price per guest
Suites/concierge staterooms: 55 - 30 Days prior to sail 75% of vacation price per guest
Suites/concierge staterooms: 29 days or less before sailing No refund
The charts below outline the cancellation policy for DCL cruises of 6 to 9 nights in length:

Payment due on non-suites/non-concierge staterooms 120 days prior to sailing.

Non-suites/concierge staterooms : 119 - 56 Days prior to sail Loss of Deposit per guest.
Non-suites/concierge staterooms: 55 - 30 Days prior to sail 50% of vacation price per guest
Non-suites/concierge staterooms: 29 - 15 Days prior to sail 75% of vacation price per guest
Non-suites/concierge staterooms: 14 days or less before sailing No refund
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've booked all of our cruises with Dreams Unlimited before - I did it to pay back for all the entertainment they've given me over the year with the DIS Unplugged podcasts and vlogs.

I'm silver, so if you want some indicative prices now, let me know and I'll get them for you.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We use travel on a dream, I think we got $200 last year.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidayDreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We've booked all of our cruises with Dreams Unlimited before - I did it to pay back for all the entertainment they've given me over the year with the DIS Unplugged podcasts and vlogs.

I'm silver, so if you want some indicative prices now, let me know and I'll get them for you.
Thanks Bozza.
We are stuck at school holidays, can you have a look for 4 night cruise getting back before10th August please. The WDW would be before the cruise.
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
john w
Getting Excited

Another benefit of using an American Travel Agent is that when I log in to the DCL App I can buy all the stateroom gifts and drinks packages. Europeans who book direct with Disney or through a European Travel Agent don't have access to this on the App and have to phone DCL about 6 weeks before departure to buy any stateroom gifts or drinks packages.

This is wrong. I booked drink packages and stateroom gifts with the app for our last cruse. Have just checked and am able to do it for our cruise in November

Edited at 04:08 PM.
john w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by HolidayDreams View Post
Thanks Bozza.
We are stuck at school holidays, can you have a look for 4 night cruise getting back before10th August please. The WDW would be before the cruise.
The price will depend on the size of your group. I guessed at 2 adults + 2 kids (10 and 8)...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidayDreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
The price will depend on the size of your group. I guessed at 2 adults + 2 kids (10 and 8)...

Sorry, I forgot to say how many. It will be 3 adults 1 child (13).