Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Feb 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Mobile TUI cancelled PE lounge access

We fly in from Manchester in April and have just had an email from TUI to tell us there is insufficient lounge access to accommodate PE passengers and given us a £35 pp refund. Would rather have had the lounge access but the refund is reasonable.

My beef is, why don't they just book lounge access as PE economy seats are booked and then this presumably wouldn't have happened...

Does this happen often? seems a poor system to me leaving it so late.
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

it could be there is not enough room for a block booking from tui,have you tried checking for yourself and then just use your refund to pay for it if there is space
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

How disappointing! We are flying PE tui soon too...
Sure someone said yesterday there’s a 15% discount on holiday extras for lounges at the mo... if not register with them & they normally send you a discount code within 24hrs 😉
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

We had this 22 of us !
Big holiday, virgin 👎👎
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

It was fine Actually just took over a section on the airport restaurant and we were better on financially.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jmagla View Post
We fly in from Manchester in April and have just had an email from TUI to tell us there is insufficient lounge access to accommodate PE passengers and given us a £35 pp refund. Would rather have had the lounge access but the refund is reasonable.

My beef is, why don't they just book lounge access as PE economy seats are booked and then this presumably wouldn't have happened...

Does this happen often? seems a poor system to me leaving it so late.
Yes, this happened to us with Tui a few years ago, but we only got £15 each! When in April do you travel? We go towards the end and there’s been no lounge availability including the Vroom since we booked our holiday late last summer x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by britishgirl View Post
it could be there is not enough room for a block booking from tui,have you tried checking for yourself and then just use your refund to pay for it if there is space
Yes checked as soon as I got email this morning, there was availabilty initially but it quickly went. I think you're right there wasn't enough for the block booking this close to the date, hence my thought they should book smaller numbers as and when the passengers book PE seats, rather than trying to block book nearer the travel.
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
MSG
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I believe there is some building work going on which may affect availability of certain lounges in Terminal 2. This could be why?
MSG is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

You're not missing anything, I can assure you.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We had this last year when we flew with TUI from Manchester. The problem you have is that there is just not enough lounges at Manchester for Terminal 2 and those lounges have to cater for the upper and first class passengers from various airlines and also those customers who have booked direct.
We only found out at check-in and they gave us a voucher for breakfast which we used.
We are flying from Birmingham with TUI this year and I hope that there is sufficient lounge access but if not I have never had a problem using my Priority Card there to get lounge access.

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List