Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Feb 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Revolut

So I heard great things about this card on here with some people saying they wouldn’t be without it, so I took the plunge and opened an account and got my card.
Since then I have had constant emails on what seems like a daily basis, some just information based but more concerning are the ones that are asking why I hadn’t used my card and then another asking me to complete a survey as to why I hadn’t used my card. The latest is one that says I now need to make a transaction on my card to verify, and finally another one today to say they will freeze my card if I don’t use it soon (even though I had already froze it until I go on holiday)
The reason I got the card was to use it on foreign holidays only, and I am shocked at the level of communication from them.
Anyone else had this?
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
So I heard great things about this card on here with some people saying they wouldn’t be without it, so I took the plunge and opened an account and got my card.
Since then I have had constant emails on what seems like a daily basis, some just information based but more concerning are the ones that are asking why I hadn’t used my card and then another asking me to complete a survey as to why I hadn’t used my card. The latest is one that says I now need to make a transaction on my card to verify, and finally another one today to say they will freeze my card if I don’t use it soon (even though I had already froze it until I go on holiday)
The reason I got the card was to use it on foreign holidays only, and I am shocked at the level of communication from them.
Anyone else had this?
I had all of this when I first signed up too - I think it’s really a security thing as they want to make sure it got to the right place.
I put €50 on it and then went to an atm to take a small amount out. This helped me to check it worked, and meant I’d done the verification process so the emails stopped.
I’ve just returned from Florida and used it all the time - it was great!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yeah. As they’re an Internet bank one of their security checks is your first transaction. Without that happening then not all of the security checks are complete so they close your account. Same as any bank account really - you don’t comply with all the security requirements they have, they withdraw their product.

I’ve had my card for nearly two years with them and the level of contact is not intrusive in the slightest.
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

I very rarely get any emails from them now. We mostly used the card for mobile food orders in Disney, starting to top it up for this years holiday

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Thanks all. I have already put some money on the card, so I will use it tomorrow, and hopefully the contact will calm down.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List