Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Feb 14, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

They're eating 3 :'(
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 14, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for this link. My DS will be thrilled!
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 14, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maznorm View Post
Thanks for this link. My DS will be thrilled!
Don't let him on now, they're eating one of the eaglets who died.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 14, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Don't let him on now, they're eating one of the eaglets who died.
Thanks. He was at school then anyway.

Honestly though, I doubt he would mind. He watches nature programs all the time and although he feels bad for the animal, he understands the way things work in the wild.
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 14, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maznorm View Post
Thanks. He was at school then anyway.

Honestly though, I doubt he would mind. He watches nature programs all the time and although he feels bad for the animal, he understands the way things work in the wild.
There is a lot of feeding of fish and small mammals. If he's anything like my daughter he will love it she loves animals too and is now a zoology student at uni .
Old 8 Feb 14, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Oh man... I had internet problems here and couldn't get online, so I was quite surprised to discover E3 had died. They are still so fragile even tho they look fit and healthy at this size. Wonder if some parasite infected E3. I guess they have to eat it's body otherwise it would sit there and rot away - waste not, want not would be the eagles moto.

Still, such a shame as it would have been good to see both fledge.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I love seeing these webcams Chris, I keep showing my Dad too as he always forgets how to find them!

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing them with us

Gill x
Old 10 Feb 14, 02:16 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
I love seeing these webcams Chris, I keep showing my Dad too as he always forgets how to find them!

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing them with us

Gill x
You are very welcome Gill... I think it's great when so many show an interest in wildlife and educate the bairns. Thankfully I can watch both nests again now, but confess to the NE Fla being my favourite due to the HD resolution.

We saw a bald eagle being bombarded over the pool the other day - chancing it's luck for a baby Osprey chick but the parent birds gave it a major chasing off - the bald eagle kept dipping and twisting but the Osprey persisted chasing until he was well away.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 14, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

The NE Fla BE chicks are looking magnificent and incredible to watch with that amazing camera work - eagles/programs/ne-fl...st-cam-ptz.php

Strange to watch E3 all on it's own since E4 died though, but that one will be thriving big time now it's getting all the food. ustream.tv/SouthwestFloridaEagleCam
Old 22 Feb 14, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Romeo and Juliet's eaglets are starting to branch... won't be too long before they fledge Watching them at the moment to see what they get up to just after sunset and one is standing and preening themselves right at the nests edge... blimey, stay up, stay up!

eagles/programs/ne-fl...st-cam-ptz.php