Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Jun 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
foolish_mortals
Getting to know the DIBB

Question Shuttles at Clarion Inn (LBV)?

Hi all,

I'm thinking about a trip for myself and boyfriend in the future (as far off as 2022) so just throwing around ideas at the minute.

I have been to Florida several times before with my family but now that I'm looking at going as a couple there's so many different things to think about...

Originally we were looking at Clarion Inn (LBV) but after reading about how restrictive the shuttle buses are I started to panic.

Does anybody have any experience of using the shuttle here?
OR
Is there anywhere else people would recommend for a young couple that has a shuttle service?

I'm starting to look at staying at a budget Disney hotel but obviously it's still up in the air whether free DDP will be offered in the future.

Edited at 12:52 PM.
foolish_mortals is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I would look at IDrive in your position. There are many hotels that offer both Shuttles and breakfast. You are very near to many, many restaurants, bars etc.

The reason I say this is that the shuttles are reinforced by the option of the ITrolleys travelling both I drive and I boulevard. This gives you an open ticket home from either Universal or the Seaworld/DC/Aq end. It also gives access via ITrolley to Premium Outlets.

In the event that you are inDisney and miss your shuttle deliberately or otherwise, you can get to the transportation centre and then go Lynx to SW, I trolley on to IDrive.

You would thus have great mobility without needing a car.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
foolish_mortals
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks. We have always avoided IDrive in the past as a family but now as a couple we have different needs. The ITrolley seems like a good option to have as Premium Outlets is on our to do list. Not sure if we are going to have time for Universal as well as Disney this time around with it being the first time for my other half but definitely one to look into.
foolish_mortals is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Don't be put off the Clarion because of the shuttle times ..the Lynx buses stop nearby and you are in Disney in no time on the number 50 and SeaWorld in the other direction on the 50 too.No faffing about with changing buses to get to I drive.It really is a great location with lots of restaurants within walking distance.Very handy for nights at Disney Springs too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
foolish_mortals
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Don't be put off the Clarion because of the shuttle times ..the Lynx buses stop nearby and you are in Disney in no time on the number 50 and SeaWorld in the other direction on the 50 too.No faffing about with changing buses to get to I drive.It really is a great location with lots of restaurants within walking distance.Very handy for nights at Disney Springs too.

Clarion does seem ideal location wise! I've just been used to having a car in the past so the shuttles seem restrictive.. I'll definitely look into the Lynx service as another option, thanks!
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
RugbyJohn
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Have a look at the Hilton at LBV. We stayed there last year and its ideal. You're a 5min walk from Disney Springs and can use the Magical Express from there
RugbyJohn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RugbyJohn View Post
Have a look at the Hilton at LBV. We stayed there last year and its ideal. You're a 5min walk from Disney Springs and can use the Magical Express from there
Are you sure about that? The Magical Express is just for guests at onsite hotels travelling to/from MCO.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
RugbyJohn
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Are you sure about that? The Magical Express is just for guests at onsite hotels travelling to/from MCO.
Apologies, I meant Disney transport between hotels and parks.
RugbyJohn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have stayed at the hotel and used the shuttle. To get to the parks they are great however sometimes to get back its a bit harder waiting for the return shuttle.

However as the quote below says

Originally Posted by RugbyJohn View Post
Get the Disney Shuttle to Hotel Boulevard however instead of paying extra and stay at the Hilton, walk from the Hilton (or closest hotel down the road) to Clarion (about 10 minutes walk) and bang no cost return at any time you want.
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
foolish_mortals
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by ashesmod View Post
I have stayed at the hotel and used the shuttle. To get to the parks they are great however sometimes to get back its a bit harder waiting for the return shuttle.

However as the quote below says

Get the Disney Shuttle to Hotel Boulevard however instead of paying extra and stay at the Hilton, walk from the Hilton (or closest hotel down the road) to Clarion (about 10 minutes walk) and bang no cost return at any time you want.
That's a brilliant idea! Thanks, definitely not ruling out Clarion Inn now! Still lots to think about...and plenty of time to get everybody's thoughts

Edited at 11:00 AM.