Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Jun 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Quick trip report

Just got back 4 nights beach club 1 bed villa rented dvc points 4 nights poly theme park veiw studio rented dvc points 11 night Windsor Hills 2 bed condo. My wife and I together with my two grown up daughters and our little daughter Olivia who had her second birthday while we were there.
Flight over there with Virgin Atlantic from Manchester to Orlando was fine apart from the decent which was the worst I've ever experienced middle daughter was sick but OK soon afterwards. We were through imagration and collected our luggage in no time we also got the lift straight upto the monorail so no second back drop /pick up. We used DME for the first time ever which I found excellent I normally pick up a car from the airport.
Beach club was lovely the one bed villa which had a nice view of the quiet pool and 2 balconies was ideal for us with the full kitchen which we used to prepare breakfast and lunch. I'd got a delivery of grocerys together with some outfits and toys brought to us by Beth of fairytale shopper who I would recommend . We also used the washer dryer. Storm along bay was fab but we also used the quiet pool too as it was very convenient for a quick dip. While we were there we ate a beaches and cream which we all loved but the real plus of this hotel is the short walk over the bridge to epcot and even more with a tired nearly 2 year old on the way back after a long afternoon/night at the park.
Loved epcot highlight of the holiday was Olivia meeting Mikey Minnie and goofy for the first time. walking round world showcase having view drinks and food at flower and garden. Watched illuminations from rose and Crown after a great fish and chip supper. My favourite park is Disney studios we did the star wars dessert party which is expensive but we loved the food and the experience would do it a again for sure.
If the beach club was lovely the poly was amazing we got the exact room I requested third floor with a perfect view of cinderellas Castle! We spent our fist night watching the fireworks from our balcony think I must have said wow about 20 times. Loved the decor in this room and throughout the poly. It was so relaxing walking round the grounds especially at night with all the torches lite. Olivia loved the pool and the kids splash area/slide. We ate at Ohanas for diner soo tasty and soo much food captain cooks was a great quick service location and we had some good sushi from kona as well as great coffee and Tonga toast!
The Magic Kingdom was, well Magical especially with a very excited little girl in our party. We had a breakfast at crystal Palace food was great but again the characters and Olivia Stole the show the interaction was fantastic all led by Olivia she would dance twirl jump up and down high-five and hug all of them and they would copy everything she did was beyond cute this was the theme all through the holiday. Even with the face characters who she had no idea who they were she just new something magic was happening. We also went to the HEA fireworks dessert party food was fine but not as good as star wars. show was amazing though. view from the plaza garden was ideal it was goosebump time!
While at the poly we got chance to a quick look round GF and WL and while both fabulous hotels we still liked the poly the best.
The night before we checked out we went to hoop de do which we all loved food and the show.
We were all sad to leave the poly but the condo at Windsor Hills gave us room to spread out importantly a bedroom each and kitchen which we needed as Olivia was not eating much food other than a few snacks. I also picked up a mini van from dollar which had a flat with in the first 24 hours to cut a long story short I had to pump it up and drive to switch for another car wasting most of a day of my holiday trusted to say I was not impressed with them. Windsor Hills was great they had a good pool kids splash area and slides which again Olivia loved. Location was great less than 10 minutes to animal kingdom where we celebrated Olivias birthday. Pandora and
FOP where breathtaking. And we ended the day off with a meal at boma which again we all loved and ate far too much!
Next up was sea world the new seasamee Street area is so good Olivia loved it and was a big highlight.
I was very impressed with the new Disney springs area we ate at deluxe burglar and Hob during our two visits and found them both delicious.
We visited 3 water park while at Windsor Hills the Disney Ones I preferred to valcano Bay for the simple reason free parking and a short walk to the parks from the car park. Volcano Bay is a fantastic water park if you want state of the art thrills but I wouldn't do it again just don't think it's worth the cost.
We had decided to book an extra treat for this special trip before we left the UK a one night stay at Royal Pacific Resort to utalize FOLP for 2 days I've got to say I was very impressed with what I saw of the hotel and the staff Check in was so quick and affitiant compared to Disney. And the Harry Potter areas are probably still the best themed areas in Orlando. While at city walk we ate at toothsome chocolate emporium which was delicious. Then on our check out evening we called at cheesecake factory for another amazing diner.Last but not least we had a day at cocoa beach where I haven't been for over 20 years we all really enjoyed the change of scenery and think I'll stay longer at a beach resort next time.
Other food highlights worth a mention were longhorns and bahama breeze.
Weather wise we had typical June weather really hot and humid with afternoon thunderstorms would prefer to go on Oct November next time I think. O and our flight home was delayed 2 hour because or lightning.
Over all we all had amazing holiday with Olivia being the star attraction

Edited at 11:07 PM.
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Sounds like an amazing family holiday! I’m so excited to stay at Beach Club and have that quick walk to / from Epcot.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Sounds like an amazing family holiday! I’m so excited to stay at Beach Club and have that quick walk to / from Epcot.
Yes it can't be beat and we used the side entrance path shortcut that came out just by the bridge instead of walking through the lobby.
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

What a wonderful trip!

We are staying at Beach Club and hopefully Royal Pacific at Universal next year for the first time with a 3 year old (we normally do Saratoga or OKW). How are the rooms for a little one?
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Mobile

The rooms at royal Pacific had the two queen beds in so we just had our two year old between us. There is a pack and play in the closet that you can use but we never did. The rooms are very nice they have mini fridge and coffee maker nice shower that's separated from the vanity area so two people can get ready at the same time.
We found it easy to walk to the parks 5 mins to Ioa and 10 to universal but there is a boat every 20 mins if you like.
Old 26 Jun 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

thank you!
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List