Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Apr 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

People often think BA and Virgin have an unlimited number of spare planes in case something goes wrong. This is not always the case. Remember the news a few months ago with BA passengers being left stranded at the airport for 36 hours? Things can and do go wrong with any airline. Sometimes it is handled really well, sometimes really badly. Personally I go for the best deal. That may mean paying a LOT less for indirect one year or a little more for cheaper than usual direct. Last year and this I am using Norwegian. I really like them but If someone else had a much better bargain, I would use them.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

I personally think the biggest worry with Norwegian should be their financial situation. They have already issued profit warnings and seeing how other similar airlines are suffering that would be my main concern with them.
Old 19 Apr 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Well I see the comments of them not having back up in case of tech problems, not really relevant as there a huge wet lease availability in the industry.
Norwegian themselves famously wet leased an A380 to cover when their Dreamliners were having issues. Can’t get much bigger than that.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My issue wouldn’t be anything to do with meals on board or service.
Financially they’re not doing well and could go under at any time. Having to buy last minute flights to save your holiday if happened just before your holiday could get really expensive
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jasonharry View Post
My issue wouldn’t be anything to do with meals on board or service.
Financially they’re not doing well and could go under at any time. Having to buy last minute flights to save your holiday if happened just before your holiday could get really expensive
Indeed without insurance it could be !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
The manager of our Management Company uses them and thinks they are very good value for money
Rob
Lisbon is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SilvioDante
Helping Minnie

Highly likely Norwegian will go bust in the next few months. Is that a chance you want to take?
SilvioDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SilvioDante View Post
Highly likely Norwegian will go bust in the next few months. Is that a chance you want to take?
And your source? Most airlines are around a month from being in real trouble at any point in time.

By using your scenario as an excuse for not booking you are contributing to their demise, which gives less choice of flights, which can raise prices.

I’d still book with CC and good insurance.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SilvioDante View Post
Yes as people have been saying that on here (and quoting various online news sources to back that up) since Norwegian first started flying to the US a few years ago.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Highly doubt they’ll go bust any time soon.. every airline are in a similar position every single day that they operate.

Summer will be their make or break I think.. especially for their long haul routes, but who’s to know.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List