Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jun 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We are going in just over 2 weeks for the first time. The tower opens a few days in to our stay so it will be interesting to see what difference it makes.

I've requested Casitas but I think the place is full so I probably won't get what I want. I'm sure each area has its benefits though so not too bothered
Old 19 Jun 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We”re staying there next May. I’m on the FB group too. I switched from PORFQ as the standard rooms at CSR weren’t available when DP was first released.
I love the look of the resort and rooms. Don’t see why the tower will have a huge impacts on the buses as convention guests usually are there for just that - the conventions. Also the number of rooms has only increased by approx 250 as an existing accommodation block was demolished to May way for the tower.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ssncraw
New Poster (4)

Mobile

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Thinking of going May or Sep next year...what was the Virgin deal please?
I suppose it depends when you want to go but the deal I got was the best by far. It included local direct flights, standard room, dining plan, 14 day tickets and $200 Disney spending. There was a car included however we have decided not to take it, doesn't really save you that much on the price of the holiday.
Ssncraw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

We were there 4 weeks ago the rooms are lovely and modern and loads of storage in the bathrooms and a proper wardrobe, the bridges opened up on our second week and that really cut the walking time to the lobby. We were in Rancho 6B which was the second bus stop but we alway managed to get a seat on the bus would not advice getting the bus from the main lobby as by the time we got there the bus was packed a few times and people had to wait for the next bus. I only used the quite pool in the Rancho area but that had lots of sun beds and chairs there was never more than 30 people around the pool. The only thing I would say is the new tower does not have a separate pool so not sure how it would impact on the pools or the buses only time will tell on that.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are booked for here next August, never visited CSR so we will have a trip to look this year, the rooms do look lovely

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ssncraw
New Poster (4)

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
We have booked this for Sep 2020. Our first time in this hotel also so I'd like to hear peoples thoughts. I am following a page on FB just for this hotel and it looks incredible
What the FB page name?
Ssncraw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Ssncraw View Post
What the FB page name?
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort -A Magical Guide
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve booked to stay at CSR for the first time next year as well. The resort and rooms look stunning, I’m sure we won’t be disappointed.

We’re staying for 11 nights and I’m still deciding how long to hire a car for as $20 a night for parking soon adds up. Hopefully we can manage well with Disney buses and Uber for part of the holiday.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixie24
Getting Excited

Another first time onsiter (think I have made a new word there ) at CSR next May. To be honest we liked the idea of POR/POFQ more but the price made CSR a better deal. Now after watching umpteen YouTube videos and reading everything I can, I think the resort may suit us better. The updates look really good, and, as it’s just the two of us, the slightly more toned down Disney appeals to us more. I am in the Facebook group too and it is brilliant, so much info and some really nice people. I have never booked a holiday this far in advance and it seems so far away but last night when I got my booked linked in MDE I was ridiculously happy
Old 20 Jun 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

We are going this September (as more first time 'onsiters'!). We booked purely down to price, it was the cheapest moderate (we wanted the dining plan) and was several hundred pounds cheaper than the other moderates. Having never stayed onsite before and the only personal recommendation I had was totally out of our budget (BC) we didn't have much to go on so the cheapest won

Since booking, I have only seen hugely positive reviews of the upgraded rooms and after watching videos of all the resorts I think it looks by far the best of the moderates.

Can't wait to stay there in September now

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List