Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jun 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

It's so strange as I didn't have any problems booking our fp yesterday. Had lots of morning choices - fop for the evening (we're doing AK after a water park so perfect for us) but we already had a morning fp booked for it. I couldn't get sdd but we only had HS booked for 60+2 & 60+3.
I was really happy with our bookings!

Edited to add - I got all the mountains, soarin, test track, Peter pan, toy story mania etc really easily for our dates.

Edited at 05:24 PM.
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Tj28 View Post
I don’t mind the system as a whole, but I could only get 7DMT at 6.45. If I can’t modify nearer the time I will ditch it, as I don’t want to lose the rest of my potential FPPs. Also it’s the first day of the holiday so I’ll probably be too jet lagged to last that long!
I just went in and modified and managed to get 7DMT for midday, so now I’m happy!
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Oh this doesn't sound great I have a fear it is going to be busy with people rebooking their Sept trips to end of Aug to avoid GE. Time will only tell.

And we are off site this time so only 30 days. Only going to Epcot and MK this time so just need 7DMT to be kind.

Edited at 08:29 PM.
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We’re there at the same time as you and on-site but managed to get all of ours for any ride. I aim for early in the morning for all of mine. What time were you going for?
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We are doing 10 nights onsite and we coudldn't get SDD or FoP for our first few days. We have managed to get one SDD and two FoP for later in our trip (all a.m. bookings). We have a couple of BoG breakfasts booked for 7DMT so haven't bothered to FP that one.

I think we will attempt to do SDD and FoP at park closing on a couple of nights as taht seems to be quite successfull for many people.

I did manage ot get a FoP for one of the evenings when they extended park hours but I released that when I realised it didn't fit in with our other plans.

We have just been booking our offsite days' FP's and I thought it went pretty wel. The only ones we couldn't get are FoP, SDD and ToT (due to the engineering works) but, other than that, I am really happy with what we have and the system in general. I will try for those others nearer the day (or on the day) but if I don't get then then, if I feel they are worth it, I will queue either at rope drop or park closing.

Overall, I think the current FP system is way better than the old paper system but I know there will be plenty that disagree. I'm sure when Disney start charging for FPs people will look back upon the current system as halcyon days!

Edited at 01:17 PM.
Burgmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

I did ours yesterday too. We are only 5 nights at AOA, I didn't manage to get SDD either which was dissapointing, just have to get in at rope drop. Did think about doing EMM at Hollywood Studios but only date we could do is morning after we go to MNSSHP so will probably need a lie in. There was no FOP available for our stay either but not too worried about that as doing the after hours at AK on 19th
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
We’re there at the same time as you and on-site but managed to get all of ours for any ride. I aim for early in the morning for all of mine. What time were you going for?
I was going for 60+5 on SDD and 60 +4 for FOP at any time of day.

By the time I searched for other dates and times they had gone. I could have got FOP on 60+ 6 but that didn't fit with our plans.

Perhaps I was just unlucky with the days I initially looked for. Some previous posters like Eccle above seem to have hit on the right days to pick up these FPs .

I couldn't get TSM for the times I wanted either and did also notice that Star Tours was unavailable for some time slots as well which seems rather unusual.

Obviously there is pressure on Hollywood Studios during the week before GE. Perhaps people think there might be some soft openings (although obviously there won't be)

If this second stay had been my only onsite week and I couldn't get FOP or SDD I would have been pretty cross; especially when you consider the premium you pay to stay at Disney hotels.

Contrast this with my experience booking for my week at the beginning of August. SDD at 60+4 am and 60 + 6 pm and FOP had loads of open slots.

I did get all the other FPs I wanted at the exact times I wanted and I expect DH will still prefer TSM to any other ride but I am rather dreading how busy it might be in those late August days.

Edited at 04:49 PM. Reason: typo
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
I was going for 60+5 on SDD and 60 +4 for FOP at any time of day.

By the time I searched for other dates and times they had gone. I could have got FOP on 60+ 6 but that didn't fit with our plans.

Perhaps I was just unlucky with the days I initially looked for. Some previous posters like Eccle above seem to have hit on the right days to pick up these FPs .

I couldn't get TSM for the times I wanted either and did also notice that Star Tours was unavailable for some time slots as well which seems rather unusual.

Obviously there is pressure on Hollywood Studios during the week before GE. Perhaps people think there might be some soft openings (although obviously there won't be)

If this second stay had been my only onsite week and I couldn't get FOP or SDD I would have been pretty cross; especially when you consider the premium you pay to stay at Disney hotels.

Contrast this with my experience booking for my week at the beginning of August. SDD at 60+4 am and 60 + 6 pm and FOP had loads of open slots.

I did get all the other FPs I wanted at the exact times I wanted and I expect DH will still prefer TSM to any other ride but I am rather dreading how busy it might be in those late August days.
So glad you managed to get most of them. There just doesn’t seem to be any logic to it all. Have a wonderful holiday.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

We are going on 6th August for three weeks, booked mine on 7th June although I was out for the day on a school trip so didn't start booking until 7pm that night.

Got two Flight of Passage, one for second week and one for third week, two Toy Story Mania, one in the first week and one in the last week. two 7 Dwarfs Mine Train one in first week and one in second week and one Slinky Dog Dash for the second week although more was available I am not sure if its our sort of ride.

I read somewhere that the trick with tough ones is to start at the end of your holiday and work backwards which seemed to work for me.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

No SDD for us either 😢
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List