Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 7 Jun 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Camping Menus and Recipes

Any good ideas for camping foods. We have two burners and a grill. Nothing exotic. Can just about open a can or packet!
Old 7 Jun 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollyhobbit
Excited about Disney

My fave campsite meal is an easy sausage pasta. Hotdog sausages ( Herta or similar) on the grill , tomato pasta sauce homemade ( yeah right ) or jar and some pitted olives stirred into pasta lovely. Another , seafood linguine on the burner , seafood mix , white wine, chilli, linguine quick and delicious, moules mariniere another wine , seafood and burner recipe( theres a theme to our camping ) . Roast chicken from the supermarket , new pots and salad. Pizza , omelette and allsorts made in the Ridgemonkey
Hollyhobbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Thankyou, I was starting to think no one ate when in their caravan or tent Will print the recipes off, they sound delicious

ETA
Had to Google Ridge Monkey, what a brilliant gadget, another thing to add to the list.

Edited at 11:09 PM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollyhobbit
Excited about Disney

I hope you don’t mind me adding more but we do a lot of tent camping therefore quite a lot of tent cooking .
Bacon courgette pasta ( can be any veg really) . Fry bacon and courgette , stir in creme fraiche and grated cheese ( I take ready grated camping as I am lazy) job done.
Jar / sachet of curry sauce and meat veg of choice, boil in bag rice.
Crusty bread great with most things.
Where are you camping ? We mostly camp in France the Hyper Marche’s are fab you can buy all sorts on the deli our fave is roast potatoes ready to go and a big tasty poulet roti.
First saw Ridgemonkey on youtube ( as you do) its amazing

Edited at 11:14 PM.
Hollyhobbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

No, more ideas the better and they sound so good. We are camping in Somerset( Dunster) between Minehead and Exmoor. I'm sure the villages on the moors will have local produce. Two more weeks to get it all together!
Old 7 Jun 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollyhobbit
Excited about Disney

I haven’t camped at Dunster but as we live in Bristol we have visited a few times for day trips and it is lovely. Fantastic castle and grounds and the village is quite pretty ( loads of places to eat if you run out of ideas) . Great fish and chips in Minehead and of course the steam train which is well worth a trip. Have a fantastic time , we are off to Golden Cap in Dorset with our tent in July , could only do 4 days as we have blown all of hubby’s holiday on Our Florida trip but I can’t wait, love my tent
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hollyhobbit View Post
I haven’t camped at Dunster but as we live in Bristol we have visited a few times for day trips and it is lovely. Fantastic castle and grounds and the village is quite pretty ( loads of places to eat if you run out of ideas) . Great fish and chips in Minehead and of course the steam train which is well worth a trip. Have a fantastic time , we are off to Golden Cap in Dorset with our tent in July , could only do 4 days as we have blown all of hubby’s holiday on Our Florida trip but I can’t wait, love my tent
Thanks, there seems plenty to enjoy. Have a good break, it's a beautiful area of Dorset. Florida does soak up time
Old 8 Jun 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Suggestions for you would be:- use boil in the bag rice, it is much cleaner, with already cooked chicken, reheat and flavour with your choice of sauce. Fresh pasta covered in boiling water then a lid on top (you can use a plastic box) will cook just takes a little longer, with pasta sauce, quick and easy.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mooray27
Excited about Disney

The pancake mix in a bottle. Just add water, shake, pour. Easy peasy.
Fry up
Cans of soup
Tuna pasta with sweetcorn.
Hot chocolate with marshmallows
Chicken noodles
Wraps, fill with chicken and salad or make quesadillas.

I love camping!
mooray27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarrettFamily View Post
Suggestions for you would be:- use boil in the bag rice, it is much cleaner, with already cooked chicken, reheat and flavour with your choice of sauce. Fresh pasta covered in boiling water then a lid on top (you can use a plastic box) will cook just takes a little longer, with pasta sauce, quick and easy.
[QUOTE=mooray27;13890846]The pancake mix in a bottle. Just add water, shake, pour. Easy peasy.
Fry up
Cans of soup
Tuna pasta with sweetcorn.
Hot chocolate with marshmallows
Chicken noodles
Wraps, fill with chicken and salad or make quesadillas.

I love camping![/QU

Thanks both, some good ideas.