Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
debz1989
Proud to wear my Ears

Virgin Miles Reward Flight From Glasgow - Not Showing?

Hi all,

Me and my family are going back next year, hoping to use my accumulated FC miles to book reward flights with Virgin, so I've been regularly checking availability online for this year as a guide for when I should be looking next year.

I've gone on today to check availability again, but now when I choose Glasgow to Orlando it greys out the miles and miles plus money options. On the Flying Club 'Spend My Miles' page it also comes up with a pop-up when I choose Glasgow to Orlando saying:

'Aah sorry, you can't use your miles for this route.'

Has there been changes to the routes that I've missed? I last checked a couple of weeks ago and could see plenty of reward seat availability for GLA-MCO for our rough dates this year.

Thanks for any help
debz1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

What date are you looking at. I can see upper class reward seats for Saturday 2nd and Saturday 16th from Glasgow. I use the virgin Atlantic app on my phone to check 😊
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Also, how many seats are you looking for? If say, 4 but only 2 available it won't show availability.

I start searching for 1 and if available change to number that I want.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

There are only a limited number of reward seats on each flight. If there were reward seats for your date when you looked before, and there are none now, the 'obvious' reason is that they have been booked by other people in the meantime. There might be a less obvious reason, but you will only find out if you phone the Flying Club Helpline and ask them.
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Try using reward flight finder to see what dates are available.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by debz1989 View Post
Hi all,

Me and my family are going back next year, hoping to use my accumulated FC miles to book reward flights with Virgin, so I've been regularly checking availability online for this year as a guide for when I should be looking next year.

I've gone on today to check availability again, but now when I choose Glasgow to Orlando it greys out the miles and miles plus money options. On the Flying Club 'Spend My Miles' page it also comes up with a pop-up when I choose Glasgow to Orlando saying:

Has there been changes to the routes that I've missed? I last checked a couple of weeks ago and could see plenty of reward seat availability for GLA-MCO for our rough dates this year.

Thanks for any help
I have this problem with Firefox on my PC at work. Doesn't matter what I do it will only show cash fares. Works fine on that PC on Chrome though.

As already said, rewardflightfinder is a good site to check availability
Old 22 Jun 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by debz1989 View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for any help
This is a rather annoying glitch on the VS web site. As has been mentioned try using chrome as your browser or even try on your phone. Im looking at Seattle flights currently and whilst I can see Miles flights for specific dates if I use the 5 day setting it shows card only.Ive taken this up with Virgin twice now and its still not fixed

So my advice is to try for a set date rather than a range
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
TelfordWolf
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

TelfordWolf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
just lately the Virgin website is playing silly sometimes with selecting the miles option..
reload the browser or even try a different browser.
Also - the Virgin App always seems fine!
July/August 2011,2013,2016,2017,2023 - Highlands Reserve
August 2024 - New York City
TelfordWolf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List