Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Jun 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have stayed at the hotel and used the shuttle. To get to the parks they are great however sometimes to get back its a bit harder waiting for the return shuttle.

However as the quote below says

Originally Posted by RugbyJohn View Post
Have a look at the Hilton at LBV. We stayed there last year and its ideal. You're a 5min walk from Disney Springs and can use the Magical Express from there
Get the Disney Shuttle to Hotel Boulevard however instead of paying extra and stay at the Hilton, walk from the Hilton (or closest hotel down the road) to Clarion (about 10 minutes walk) and bang no cost return at any time you want.
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
foolish_mortals
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by ashesmod View Post
I have stayed at the hotel and used the shuttle. To get to the parks they are great however sometimes to get back its a bit harder waiting for the return shuttle.

However as the quote below says

Get the Disney Shuttle to Hotel Boulevard however instead of paying extra and stay at the Hilton, walk from the Hilton (or closest hotel down the road) to Clarion (about 10 minutes walk) and bang no cost return at any time you want.
That's a brilliant idea! Thanks, definitely not ruling out Clarion Inn now! Still lots to think about...and plenty of time to get everybody's thoughts

Edited at 11:00 AM.
foolish_mortals is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

if you stay at the Clarion, request a room on the parking lot side

the other side of the building is litterally overlooking the I4 ... it does get noisy

we've stayed there a couple of times. Nice hotel (don't fall for the welcome pack if they offer it at check in, you'd be sent across the hallway to a timeshare talk ... no way)

the lynx 50 stops at the end of the driveway (be careful when crossing palm parkway, that road gets busy at times

That's a good option for a cheap offsite stay
you get microwave, fridge and coffemaker. And the rooms are very similar to what you get at disney's moderate (I mean, beds, bathroom, and general feel of the room will remind some of the old coronado springs rooms at disney's
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 04:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
if you stay at the Clarion, request a room on the parking lot side

the other side of the building is litterally overlooking the I4 ... it does get noisy

we've stayed there a couple of times. Nice hotel (don't fall for the welcome pack if they offer it at check in, you'd be sent across the hallway to a timeshare talk ... no way)

the lynx 50 stops at the end of the driveway (be careful when crossing palm parkway, that road gets busy at times

That's a good option for a cheap offsite stay
you get microwave, fridge and coffemaker. And the rooms are very similar to what you get at disney's moderate (I mean, beds, bathroom, and general feel of the room will remind some of the old coronado springs rooms at disney's
That bus stop at the end of the driveway is no longer there..you now have to walk up or down the road for the nearest one(not far)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 04:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Stayed there last year but only did Disney
We used the shuttle to get to the parks and Uber to get back when we stayed for the fireworks.
When we stay on Idrive we don’t bother with the Iride trolley we buy passes for the lynx buses as we find them more comfortable and not as busy
Old 26 Jun 19, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely look at all the hotels on hotel plaza Boulevard as they have buses that run every 30 mins throughout the day and night.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi Ashesmod, if you use one of the buses to hotel boulevard do they not check you are staying at one of these hotels? Handy to know if they don't
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
Hi Ashesmod, if you use one of the buses to hotel boulevard do they not check you are staying at one of these hotels? Handy to know if they don't
We've stayed on Plaza Boulevard a lot and they never used to check but their buses are often very busy and I think guests wouldn't be happy at non residents using their buses.

Edited at 10:41 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
corrinda
Imagineer

Just been here for week loved hotel but didn’t. Get any sleep was busy so no rooms to change and over.ooked i4 was constant noise we even had to sleep with tv on and could still here it .we were so close to it spoilt it for me .
corrinda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I've paid a deposit on the Clarion for next year. It was such a good price that I'm factoring in the odd Uber journey into our budget if the shuttles and Lynx bus don't fit in with our plans.

Edited at 09:29 AM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List