Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Jul 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Is it worth spending an extra £310 on SL Golden Forest?

So planning a very last minute surprise for DS and DW in 2 weeks, and finally after a few other topics decided on Hotel Cheyenne especially as DS has all of a sudden got into Toy Story, however I wanted to add breakfast which obviously bumps the price up a bit, I have found SLGF is only £310.00 extra, would it be worth spending this extra for the other benefits? Obviously the one downside I can see is losing the Toy Story theming... Although SL does have a pool which looks really nice, DS might like for a late afternoon dip.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
£310 more than Cheyenne - yes definitely - the dedicated check-in desk, lounge, FP, breakfast and proximity of the rooms & hotel.
£310 more than the standard SL room, I'm not sure I would - it would need some careful maths to work it out. It really depends on how long you are going for and whether it would break even financially.

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by cheekytink View Post
£310 more than Cheyenne - yes definitely - the dedicated check-in desk, lounge, FP, breakfast and proximity of the rooms & hotel.
£310 more than the standard SL room, I'm not sure I would - it would need some careful maths to work it out. It really depends on how long you are going for and whether it would break even financially.
It's £200 more than the standard SL room, however breakfast alone would cost £228, so I gues it's worth it just for that.

I just wish SL theming was a bit better, I feel the Toy Story theme for DS would be much better, urgh decisions!
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Hmm, tough decision. How many nights are you there for?
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dummydaydream
Proud to wear my Ears

Pretty sure the pool at SL is closed until 31st July. We go on 21st and it says in our documentation. We can use the pool at NPB instead but obviously a bit more of a faff.
Dummydaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I would not pay for breakfast every day. There are other options. Macs, Starbucks, Earl of Sandwich, New York Style Sandwiches - or take porridge pots or breakfast bars.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ParisinMarch
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I would not pay for breakfast every day. There are other options. Macs, Starbucks, Earl of Sandwich, New York Style Sandwiches - or take porridge pots or breakfast bars.
Depends on the appetites (and ages) of all involved, I reckon. Doing Disney with kids, I’m really really grateful for a proper sit-down breakfast at the hotel to set us all (especially me!) up for the day. One of my children would probably relish a walk around the lake to EoS before eating, the other starts demanding breakfast within about ten mins of waking (I was much the same until I was 25!).

Lunch? Totally happy to skip that and improvise with a cereal bar and some fruit whilst queuing!

OP - I think I’d do it, at that price. It is sort of a shame about the theming but only in your mind rather than DS’ (I assume DS doesn’t know about the prospect of HC with Toy Story rooms?). SQL theming doesn’t reference any favourite films for us, but it certainly feel ‘themed’ in its foresty cabiny way and my own DS (then 3) absolutely loved it. (For comparison, he’s since stayed at the DLH - loved that too, but genuinely struggles to pick a favourite between them!

We didn’t swim btw - we just couldn’t find time for it - but that was at Easter time, so pretty busy in the parks and not the longest park hours. When we went in May and the parks were quieter, we did swim (once) - that was at DLH so less travel time too. I’m not sure I’d prioritise the pool based on my own experience, but I do think for GF, breakfast, and a slightly shorter walk to the parks, I’d find the extra £300.

You’re in a great position though - sounds like the options are hard to choose between for good reasons! Have a great holiday.
ParisinMarch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Yes, I used to always have the buffet breakfast when it was included in the price of the hotel - and then skip lunch. It’s just I find the price of breakfast ridiculous for what you get!

I agree though, SQGF would be worth the money. It is my favourite hotel, the woodsy theming is so lovely. Plus you are that bit nearer. And there’s the extra Fastpass and afternoon drinks and snacks too.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I’d still want to base my decision on how many nights you’re there for - partly because I’d want to know if that was £310 for one night or four nights (ie £310 per night or £77.50 per night, or somewhere in between.)

But also because my main reason to stick with Cheyenne would be the theming (which my children LOVED) and my main reason for switching would be having a pool. If you’re on a short trip, I’d say you’d be unlikely to have time to use the pool (especially if the pool at SL is closed and you had to walk over to NPB) so Cheyenne would win for me. On a longer trip, you’d probably have time for a swim, so that would have me leaning more towards SLGF.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
I’d still want to base my decision on how many nights you’re there for - partly because I’d want to know if that was £310 for one night or four nights (ie £310 per night or £77.50 per night, or somewhere in between.)

But also because my main reason to stick with Cheyenne would be the theming (which my children LOVED) and my main reason for switching would be having a pool. If you’re on a short trip, I’d say you’d be unlikely to have time to use the pool (especially if the pool at SL is closed and you had to walk over to NPB) so Cheyenne would win for me. On a longer trip, you’d probably have time for a swim, so that would have me leaning more towards SLGF.
Ah yeah it's for 5 nights, however now found out the pool is closed at SL so not sure really.