Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Jul 16, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Mobile Where to find the "best" shade at water parks

Hi,

Apologies if this has been done to death- I'm being hugely lazy and not doing a proper search so feel free to link to a prior thread!

I'm going to be pregnant with twins on this trip (leave Saturday for 3 weeks), so when we go to the water parks I'll be hanging out on the loungers a lot (ugh) as I can't do water rides.

Can someone tell me exactly where to go for a good selection of shaded loungers please? I'll need to hide from the sun most of the day, we'll get there early to make sure but I just want to be able to head straight over to guarantee shade!
Old 28 Jul 16, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Hi, we found that arriving early is the best policy. At Typhoon Lagoon we managed to get 2 sun loungers and a parasol near to Surf Doggies (look at the park map), it is also close to the loos

At Aquatica again we found loungers and parasol near to the main pool. Whilst in the park we noticed that a lot of the cabanas are in shaded areas, so maybe pay extra for one of these.

Have a great holiday
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

In both parks we head to the tots areas and there's always plenty shade there
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

champagnegirl26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have paid for a cabana at aquatica, maybe look into this? Details on their website X

June 2007 Masters Inn hotel Kissimmee
June 2008 Disney resort tour
May2009 Oak plantation villas
May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
May 2019 Cumbrian lakes villa.
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

At Blizzard Beach head for the Beach area next to the lockers which are past the main entrance and inside the park. Choose loungers under umbrellas at the back. Good shade and conveniently located for food, loos and lockers. Also convenient for the smoking area (my DH is a smoker... ). At Typhoon Lagoon I just advise racing as fast as possible to a couple of large umbrellas. Basically the umbrellas at all the parks are key and they will disappear fast. It's worth sending a runner.
Old 28 Jul 16, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab! Thanks for the tips everyone- I'll be getting my husband and nieces on the job as runners!
Old 28 Jul 16, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by champagnegirl26 View Post
We have paid for a cabana at aquatica, maybe look into this? Details on their website X
We have done the same. Can't risk it with a very fair 3 year old
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Aha, I knew there would be a thread answering my next question . I haven't been to Typhoon Lagoon since I was a teenager and never been to Blizzard Beach so I need tips on which direction to head at both parks (we'll arrive for rope drop).

So to summarise what others have said: At Typhoon Lagoon head towards Surf Doggies or just leg it to any available beds with parasols.

At Blizzard Beach head towards the beach area and grab beds and parasols at the back.

Any other suggestions of good locations in case plan A doesn't quite work out in either park? If possible we'd like to be in a fairly quiet area Thank you.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

You can pay to prebrook a reserved area with umbrella or you can pay on the day if there are any left. We have done this for TL in August. It cost about £60 for a maximum of 4
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
You can pay to prebrook a reserved area with umbrella or you can pay on the day if there are any left. We have done this for TL in August. It cost about £60 for a maximum of 4
Thank you . I had seen other threads mentioning pre-booking, and I'm definitely going to think about it as it would make life easier. My reservation is that I'm not sure how long we're going to be there as the water parks are new to us. If we feel like we're done in a couple of hours, it would be a waste of money. And that's my other concern: this trip started out as a budget trip and I've added on so many extras I'm now trying to rein it in a bit .

I guess I need to decide how valuable the shade and the convenience of pre-booking is for us .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List