Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Apr 17, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

We go in May and apart from the headliners such as 7DMT we have always managed to get FPs the evening before we go to the park we choose for the next day. Also managed to swap about times on the day whilst in the parks.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We went in August and I'm so glad we had fast passes, we wouldn't have got on 7DMT or Frozen otherwise as both queues didn't drop below 105 mins for the duration of our stay (when we were in those parks that is) Most 'big' rides were around 40-60 mins and in that heat I have a very low thresholds for queuing. If we got to a ride and it wasn't busy I canx the fp and rode it then booked a FP elsewhere. But I do understand the spontaneous thing, and the ADR at 180'days, the amount of days we ate dinner and we wasn't hungry. Next year we're sticking to the QSDP.

We also stayed at univeral and had the express passes there, as much as I loved the Disney system, I preferred the universal system of just being able to pick the ride there and then and then join the express queue.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

don't get me wrong, once there I love having a FP and sauntering up to the ride, lol. Its just such a stressful day trying to book them to fit your plan...done now, feel more positive today and know it will have been worth the hassle in June
col1968 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by col1968 View Post
OMG, I hate this system, although I have managed to book pretty much what I wanted, it has taken almost 2 hours! I couldn't get a wishes fast pass, even looked for the new name but no chance, will have to just mingle with the crowds for that one... disney are taking a lot of the pleasure out of this, I can't imagine what it will be like when I book my November ones as i am off site so have little to no chance of getting what I want :angry:
Try a Dessert Party if your budget will allow.

Great view whilst loading on some more calories.

Disney332
Old 4 Apr 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by col1968 View Post
OMG, I hate this system, although I have managed to book pretty much what I wanted, it has taken almost 2 hours!
But at least the 2 hours you've spent wasn't part of your 2 week holiday that you spent thousands of pounds on. You could book the fastpasses in the comfort of your own home at whatever time suited you (btw, you don't have to rush to do it all in one go at 12pm) whilst watching TV or listening to music with a drink in hand.

Now you won't have to get to the parks at opening time and rush to the fastpass machine of one of the popular rides to get a fastpass that might have a return time that doesn't suit your plans. Nor cross your fingers and hope that by the time your first fastpass is used the fastpasses for the other popular attractions will still be available (unlikely). And you won't have to wander back-and-to across the parks to each attraction every time you want another fastpass and then hang around near that attraction waiting for the fastpasses window to open.

All that hassle and inconvenience occurs before your holiday and not during the holiday. You will know before your holiday even starts which fastpasses you have and can plan (or not) accordingly.

Or, of course, we could go back to the old days when you'd have a stressful day in the park trying to book fastpasses obtained on the day to fit into your plan. You can still do that now - 90% of attractions are still available on the day - but you also have the choice of doing it before you go as well.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List