Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Sep 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Meals LHR - MIA

Hi all,

Has anyone flown LHR to MIA recently? Do you remember what meals were served and when? Am I right in thinking 60-90 minutes in, meal and then 90 mins before landing, some sort of snack?
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Young Pooh
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Is this with BA? If so that sounds about right for our flight out at the end of July.

Young Pooh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 17, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Yes BA.

Do you remember, the snack, is it an afternoon tea type thing, sandwich etc?
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I think we had our afternoon tea box a good 3 hours before landing. I'm not sure though.

We were also BA and the box contained sandwiches, scones with jam and cream and a biscuit

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

That's great! Thanks for the info.
Old 8 Sep 17, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

I'm going via Miami next time if you get scones with jam and cream. This is what we got in January on the LGW - MCO route, plus tea or coffee. It was served about 90 minutes before landing. The KitKat was teeny tiny.

Old 8 Sep 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
I'm going via Miami next time if you get scones with jam and cream. This is what we got in January on the LGW - MCO route, plus tea or coffee. It was served about 90 minutes before landing. The KitKat was teeny tiny.

We got that and scones!
Our box was printed like a wicker basket.
DS poured a drink all over mine immediately 🙄 So I just had half a scone!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Minion71
Getting Excited

BA are certainly obsessed with curry - we had curry going out and coming back and coronation chicken sandwiches. If its an afternoon arrival its always sandwiches and a biscuit type bar - breakfast is absolutely disgusting - a dry pretzel roll with dry cream cheese and a biscuit so hard you could plane wood with it! Buy a snack before you go is my advice
Minion71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_chief
Helping Minnie

We're on a 9am BA flight out of LHR-MIA, would we have the usual curry as first mea then the sandwich snack before landing? not sure I fancy curry at 10.30ish
miss_chief is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List