Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Mar 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

We went to Epcot for the first time about 12 years ago. Like you I was underwhelmed by it. I think my hopes were too high and I expected another MK. We went to Disney another 4 times and each time we missed out Epcot. On our 5th return (2015) we decided we would go again. I think as I had low expectations I was amazed by it - I can't even believe we have missed out on it so many times.

As others have said, now you know what it is try going again with different expectations. It's a slower pace, almost as a 'rest day' in my eyes. A chance to potter, ride some rides, see some shows, get some nice food. Get the Epcot passport for you little en(s) and have a relaxing few hours. Get some fast passes in the morning and once you have done them if you still don't get it head to a water park for the afternoon.

We are goin again this year in July and it will defo be on my list for probably 2 half days, mixed in with either water parks or shopping. More of a chill kind of day.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
On our first 2 trips to Disney we didn't think much of Epcot probably because we listened to friends who said it wasn't worth a day so we went round it very quick and returned at night for Illuminations
Last year after reading about it on The Dibb we tried it again
Had a great day (and night)
Loved walking around world showcase and took it all the rides
It's now firmly back on our list of must do's
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I love Epcot. It's my favorite but I don't treat it much like a Theme Park. Love wondering around World Showcase and spending hours in Japan! Make sure you book Teppan Edo! That's entertainment in itself!
Old 1 Apr 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
A walk around world showcase is a must a ride on spaceship earth 🌏 is another must for me and my partner then test track sorrin there so much there if you have a nice wander
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

I like Epcot far more than my husband does, but we still go a couple of times on each trip. The rides there are enough to keep him interested but I love World Showcase. Pottering around, eating, drinking, having some cool photo opportunities. I love the shops in each of the pavilions too.

As others have said, it's more of a slow day (although you still walk a long way!) and Epcot seems to disperse crowds better so as long as you fast pass the rides you want, there's better potential for less crowd rage compared to some of the other parks.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
A massive thank you to all of you who have taken the time to reply. I will go with an open mind and see how the day pans out, holidays are about give and take and the hubby puts up with my shopping days so I will go with his suggestion to have a day here. Thanks again
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

I love Epcot. Had many a great day there though. I must admit to always feeling a bit of a sucker though as you basically spend a good part of the day giving them more money at the hundreds of shops, restaurants and drinking spots... and you pay for the privilege of entertaining the park... full respect whoever came up with that business plan!
Bal is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I find Epcot is a park where you have to know what you want to do there thinks don't jump out at you. It's easy to miss things if you don't know.they are there.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I love it All my reasons have been listed several times by others so I won't repeat!

This time we found MK (which we love) extremely busy and tiring. Our 2 Epcot days were a refreshing contrast. We did all the things we wanted, no rushing plenty of space and lovely flowers due to the flower festival.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

its fairly easy to sell it imho

Test track
Soarin
Frozen ride

the Ellen degeneres ride for a good sit down in the cool
Club cool is always fun for 10 mins
DVC lounge for DVC members
a massive amount of gift shops around a big lake with with Americans buying Chinese made souvenirs of different countries
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List