Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Aug 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We like Bob Evans for breakfast. Go to one on 192 which is near sherberth road shortcut to disney and one on hwy 27/junc 55.

There aren't any up near Universal or I drive though so probably means less mention than others.

Bob sends decent coupons for joining email club and ongoing.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are total Bob Evans fans. DS (12) would eat there every day given the choice.

We use the one one on 192, first building on right heading West out of Disney.

Whilst the menu is not the most extensive, the food is good quality and great value.

We have been going for 26 years but only tried it around 9 years ago, it fast became a favourite and will be our stop for Dinner on the way from the airport to Orange Lake, and a few more days during our holiday.

If you haven't tried it, give it a go.
Old 5 Aug 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are another family who love "Bobs". Its the first meal out for our hols. We love the one up on US 27 opp Posner Pk. We tried the newish Ihop at Berry Town Ctr this yr but overall concensus was it wasbt as good as Bobs and was more expensive so back to Bobs we went! Love going out for brekkie !
Old 5 Aug 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
lawsy
Excited about Disney

Only been for breakfast to the one on the 192 but like most other peoples comments it is very nice and we always plan a couple of visits in to it.
Oct 13 Calabria
lawsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post

We love Bob Evans too, go at least once for dinner, nice home style cooked food love the Chicken Pot Pie!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I love Bob Evans breakfasts and also some of their dinners. Their chicken pot pie is scrummy, with mash and veg - usually broccoli and sweet corn. Nice to have veg.

Last time I had one of their dinner 'specials'. For $9.99 I had a small salad for starters with a warm bread roll & butter. Roast turkey, mash, stuffing and green beans and a small ice cream sundae for dessert. Not massive portions but very filling.

Coffee (free refills) is good too - I bought a pack of their ground home with me.

Only problem is I used to go to the one on the corner of the 535 and 192 but it closed down last year (or year before). I must venture down to the other branches if I go again.

Edited at 12:08 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Funnily enough we tried the one on the 192 last night for dinner.
Unfortunately it wasn't a good experience and we ended up leaving without eating 😬

We sat down & ordered ok, my daughter ordered a chicken burger, me the pot pie and hubby & son steak & pot roast. We were seated directly opposite where the staff entered & exited the kitchen/behind the counter so I could see when they put food out and under the hot lamp.

We'd also ordered rolls, which still hasn't arrived when they attempted to bring our main over. Problem was I'd seen the chix burger & pot pie go under the lamp and had been sitting there a good 15 to 20 mins, just as the server went to place the items on the tray to bring over, I saw her place the full hand under the bun and on the chicken which she then passed back to the chef, I'm assuming it was by that time it was cold! That was the tipping point for me! 🤢🤢
We got up and spoke to the server and the Manager and told them what if seen happen. The server knew straight away she'd been seen 😡 They couldn't get us out of there fast enough! 😳

So off to Millers it was instead 😁
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post

We used to there a lot but after a bad experience tried Village Inn. Much nicer allround!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by nasty View Post
Funnily enough we tried the one on the 192 last night for dinner.
Unfortunately it wasn't a good experience and we ended up leaving without eating 😬

We sat down & ordered ok, my daughter ordered a chicken burger, me the pot pie and hubby & son steak & pot roast. We were seated directly opposite where the staff entered & exited the kitchen/behind the counter so I could see when they put food out and under the hot lamp.

We'd also ordered rolls, which still hasn't arrived when they attempted to bring our main over. Problem was I'd seen the chix burger & pot pie go under the lamp and had been sitting there a good 15 to 20 mins, just as the server went to place the items on the tray to bring over, I saw her place the full hand under the bun and on the chicken which she then passed back to the chef, I'm assuming it was by that time it was cold! That was the tipping point for me! 🤢🤢
We got up and spoke to the server and the Manager and told them what if seen happen. The server knew straight away she'd been seen 😡 They couldn't get us out of there fast enough! 😳

So off to Millers it was instead 😁
That sounds a real shame, we too had a couple of similar experiences last year, I wonder if yours had the same common theme, a waitress called Donna?

We are Bob advocates and have never had any issues until last year with this waitress, we have already decided that if she is still there this year, we will ask to be seated where a different waitress looks after us as the common denominator with our only poor experiences was this waitress.

Where is Village Inn, that sounds worth a look?
Old 5 Aug 17, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Village inn is similar. It's in Westwood Blvd near Seaworld bottom end international drive. Free pie on a Wednesday
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List