Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Aug 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Originally Posted by nasty View Post
Funnily enough we tried the one on the 192 last night for dinner.
Unfortunately it wasn't a good experience and we ended up leaving without eating 😬

We sat down & ordered ok, my daughter ordered a chicken burger, me the pot pie and hubby & son steak & pot roast. We were seated directly opposite where the staff entered & exited the kitchen/behind the counter so I could see when they put food out and under the hot lamp.

We'd also ordered rolls, which still hasn't arrived when they attempted to bring our main over. Problem was I'd seen the chix burger & pot pie go under the lamp and had been sitting there a good 15 to 20 mins, just as the server went to place the items on the tray to bring over, I saw her place the full hand under the bun and on the chicken which she then passed back to the chef, I'm assuming it was by that time it was cold! That was the tipping point for me! 🤢🤢
We got up and spoke to the server and the Manager and told them what if seen happen. The server knew straight away she'd been seen 😡 They couldn't get us out of there fast enough! 😳

So off to Millers it was instead 😁
What a hassle. Was it very busy with it being 25% off this weekend? Not that excuses anything
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
What a hassle. Was it very busy with it being 25% off this weekend? Not that excuses anything
There was a few tables taken but not every table. I didn't realise there was money off this weekend, there were no signs about that and the server didn't mention anything when we ordered.

By the time we'd waited then driven up to Millers it was past 8pm and that was packed so we managed a high bar table as we were all starving 😃 We'd been at Universal all day and only had a ice cream 👀😂
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
maudyhill
VIP Dibber

maudyhill's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We've never been in a Bob Evans in florida but did stop at one on route from new york to niagra falls.
menu not dissimilar to Perkins , will be visiting one in florida for sure this time.x

Mandy xx
Best Western ID 1994, DLP Santa Fe 2004, Quailty inn plaza ID 2008
Emerald Island Kissimmee 2011 , San Francisco / yosemite 2012
Emerald island Kissimmee 2013, Esprit estate Davenport 2015, new york 2016, Emerald Island Kissimmee 2017, San fran, LA & Vegas 2018, Newyork 7/2019, Emerald Island 10/2019, HighGrove 03/2022, Thousand Oaks 11/2022
maudyhill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by nasty View Post
There was a few tables taken but not every table. I didn't realise there was money off this weekend, there were no signs about that and the server didn't mention anything when we ordered.

By the time we'd waited then driven up to Millers it was past 8pm and that was packed so we managed a high bar table as we were all starving 😃 We'd been at Universal all day and only had a ice cream 👀😂
Bet you were starving. Yes 25% coupon was emailed to club members and on the usual online coupon sites just for 4/5 th August for tax free weekend.

Agree it's v similar to Perkins.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Mobile

We ate there on our last day in 2015 at the one near posner park. It was really nice and we would probably go again if we have one near us next time. I did prefer the Denny's breakfast I had but that's the only thing I can compare it with as only had breakfast out of the villa twice. Wouldn't rule it out again though
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Kate
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Love Bob Evans! I have a thing about the biscuit bowl with tons of sausage gravy all over. Mmmm!
Old 5 Aug 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We love Bob Evans, I first discovered one near St Pete's and then found a few in the Orlando area. Good value meals with friendly service. The pancakes are so lovely! They do a turkey dinner too, which DH always has.