Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 29 Aug 17, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Black Friday in Orlando - any tips?

Have just realised that Black Friday is 24th November (our last full day).

I've never been in the USA on Black Friday, but I understand that it is v good for bargains. Has anyone any Black Friday tales to tell? Not sure whether to just keep away from the shops or whether it's worth braving the crowds, and if so which shops? Do the outlets have further discounts?
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Mobile

It is very crowded but you can find some bargains if you willing to go out

Here is a link for you to get an idea..

axs/the-best-shopping...shopping-27679
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We've found in the past unless it's a big ticket item like TVs laptops iPads etc which can be advertised as massive discounts then the sales the week leading up to thanksgiving can be just as good .
Don't get me wrong we've had great buys for the villa ,laptops ,iPads beats head phones etc on Black Friday but the stores can be manic
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We always avoid the malls and head to the outlets, in previous years we've found designer tshirts for $3
Old 29 Aug 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

The outlets are crazy busy, trying to find a parking space is one of the most stressful things I've ever encountered . This has been on Thanksgiving not Black Friday so not sure how different it is. I tend to do my shopping on Thanksgiving rather than Black Friday. We start off at Posner Park for Target & JC Penney's then head to the outlets. We like Walmart too, but tend to go there early Black Friday just for a wander, although I did queue one year for some Lego .

I'm not sure how the bargains will be this year with the crappy exchange rate but I'll still be going out for a nose.
Clarentino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dot
Apprentice Imagineer

we will be out having a look too! we did try a few years ago and could not get a parking space so went home so this year we will be out early and targeting where we want to go
dot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post

:) Do your research

I often shop on Black Friday but do your research as a lot are open on thanksgiving Thursday now. I always visit the shops the week or so before and recce what I would like to buy & often take pictures. I always ask the shop assts. what deals they think they may have. Also check the website including the outlet sites for discounts.
As I know what I would like to buy I then only go to those shops (planned route) and normally completed in a couple of hours!
#professional
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

It will be crazy busy.
We got a good few bargain (toys) in walmart on thanksgiving evening. It was an amazing experience. Never seen so many people!

The malls you would have to get to early as parking is the problem.
Old 29 Aug 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

We arrive on thanksgiving and really looking forward to the sales ! I love to shop ! Ha! Ha! Booked our flights deliberately for this as we don't go to our timeshare until the Saturday so we have booked the Florida mall hotel for the first two nights so that we will be right there for the crazy 😜! So excited 😊 Xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

In the last couple of years there have been a general build up of Black Friday offers so depending on what you are after it might be possible to get them before the Friday. One year DS and I went to Florida Mall arrived at 5.30 and the car parks were already packed. Did get some sweets from Santa who was outside Target.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List