Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 2 Sep 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Presents at Christmas for children?

We are going to Orlando at Christmas for the first time but have a present conundrum. We have 4 children that still very much believe in Santa so we will therefore need to smuggle presents over in our cases and buy over there. What do people do? I'm thinking of giving them about half of what they would normally get in Florida, along with their stockings, and leave half at home.

How am I sneakily going to buy presents/wrapping paper in Florida without them seeing! Does anyone wrap before they go or is that too risky for customs? I will definitely need to get to American Girl for my daughter as I can't get that here.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

We will also be there at Christmas.

Last time the children had smaller gifts in Florida, larger at home as Santa was worried we would not be able to get all their gifts in the suitcases!

You can order online at Wal-Mart and collect your package. Depending where you are staying, you maybe able to get things delivered. If at Disney you can have everything delivered.

I am putting their presents in gift bags, wrapping Christmas presents for three children, or four, is soul destroying and no way to spend your holiday.

If you have not been to the store, please, please, look at the American Girl website before you venture in. There are hundreds of dolls, outfits and accessories which could cost you hundreds of dollars if you are not careful.

Plus all the dolls in the same lilac outfit in glass display cases looks like dolly prison, you maybe tempted to rescue more than one😉

My girls chose the Welly Wisher dolls because they thought they were cuter. They are smaller and not so expensive. There is a Welly Wishers programme on television, maybe Pop? If your daughter is young she may like it and have a favourite character.

Happy shopping
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Unfortunately I have already had the 'pleasure' of viewing the scary dolls in AG. She bought a Wellie Wisher last year and a bigger one this year. Years ago, I swore I'd never go in the shop as it looked too creepy.

Good idea about saying Santa only brought smaller presents as he'd be worried about us getting them home! We are staying in a villa but concerned about deliveries turning up when we're not there. I've looked at Target but not everything can be picked up at the store. I don't drive in Florida so will probably end up sending DH out with a list, which could go badly wrong!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

We went xmas 2015, we took the girls stockings stuff, and they had christmas when we returned, ( we landed 31st dec) and presents were left under tge tree that night, so when they woke on 1st jan, it was like our xmas day x
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

what about a parcel holding service like angelbabe's?https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1036032
would save alot of hassle trying to take everything with you plus you could shop the sales before you go.
She also does gift baskets which might make good xmas presents maybe add a note from santa saying something along the lines of here's a few gifts so you know I didn't forget you but as you are on holiday the rest are waiting at home
Sure I read a trippie where they took a photo of presents under the tree at home(taken before they left) and then got someone to pop in and out them out the day they were due home.

wrapping wise either pop it all in gift bags with some tissue paper or as long as there is another adult to supervise them get the kids in the pool and you'll easily find a spare kids free hour
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List