Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Sep 17, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Paddcomp View Post
On this subject I'm considering being brave and trying SDMT next year after watching some POV videos, for anyone else who doesn't do roller coasters is the one drop big or fast?
Have you done Big Thunder Mountain? If not, I would start with BTM then progress to SDMT. I am a coaster coward but would do BTM again and again. SDMT was fun but seemed more intense to me, I think it was the smoothness of it, and the acceleration from the on-set.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

I cant stand anything that spins upside down, pirate ships, Ferris wheels, cable car type rides. Not too keen on free fall type rides either apart from ToT but that isnt a true free fall drop ride like Dr Doom etc.

On the flip side I would go on any roller coaster really and and dark rides are my overall fave

If if had to choose the worst ride in Orlando theme parks I think it would Soaring (the old one, not done the new one) Snooze fest

Edited at 10:29 AM.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dibsdoo View Post
Have you done Big Thunder Mountain? If not, I would start with BTM then progress to SDMT. I am a coaster coward but would do BTM again and again. SDMT was fun but seemed more intense to me, I think it was the smoothness of it, and the acceleration from the on-set.
Thanks, I'll check it out. I thought those two would be the other way around.
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Simpsons none of us will go on it anymore, feel awful after it. Starting to feel the same way about Star Tours as well, never feel great after going on it and it always seems really warm in the ride vehicle.

Also not that keen about Forbidden Journey but will always go on it once a trip even I don't feel great after. I suppose the link is simulator rides but I am ok on others and went on Mission Space Orange last week and had no problems and thought after is that all it is.
Old 4 Sep 17, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniemou
Excited about Disney

I hate mission space. I felt so ill and will never be going on it again.
Old 4 Sep 17, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Manta! It was the most uncomfortable ride of my life!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Paddcomp View Post
Thanks, I'll check it out. I thought those two would be the other way around.
For us SDMT is far tamer than BTM. DW is not keen on coasters but will go on some. She loves BTM and Everest but that is her limit and even said SDMT is more for kids after riding this time. So i would start with that if you are unsure.
Old 4 Sep 17, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
The simpsons ride. I've never felt so sick on a ride ever The kids wanted to do it twice. I had to close my eyes.
Yes! This absolutely ruins me and I get thrown around so much!

Also hate tower of terror. Kong frightened me as well! I don't do spiders!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
Everest, the backwards upwards bit.
Me too (although I thought at the backwards bit it went downwards and round, not upwards? ).

I also don't like the drops on Tower of Terror.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post

The backwards helix probably does go down. I hadn't a clue which way was up by the time I got off. Thank goodness for Stugeron.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List