Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Sep 17, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
iang27
Getting Excited

Mission Space for me, I was absolutely ill on that, followed by Wild Arctic.

I am fine on the moving rides like Spiderman etc but those two are a nightmare, never again rides !
iang27 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Don't really like any of them. The very concept of being shut in a box and shoogled whilst in close proximity to other people and watching fast moving pictures doesn't do anything for me. I can tolerate any of them for the sake of my kids and just close my eyes if feeling nauseated. That reduces it from nauseating to just irritating?
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
DD who loves everything felt ill after the Simpsons ride.
Those that have mentioned mission space, was this the new ride? I have persuaded DH to do the green version based on recommendations on the DIBB. If he comes off feeling ill it will ruin the rest of the day .
Also hoping to do FOP. He can't do FJ or star tours but loves Soarin.
Any advice?
Old 13 Sep 17, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ian180
Apprentice Imagineer

Been to both Universal parks today, and boy, 3 simulation rides on the trot had me feeling rough. Minions started me off, it was ok. Transformers made me feel worse and by the time I did the Harry Potter castle thing, that was it. I came off MIB and needed time out! Jimmy Fallon was ok after a couple of hours and I can cope with Simsons with a break in between.

I really wanted to do the other single HP ride in IOA but it read as if it was another simulation ride with sudden jolts so I didn't risk it.

We are there again next Monday, does anyone know if this one is good or bad? King was ok for me btw.

I am glad I'm not the only one suffering, I thought it was just me!

Thanks.

Edited at 12:26 AM.
ian180 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Simpsons most definitely for me. I just cannot do it again. My dd who had been fine on all of them motion wise in previous years came off quite a few with a thumping headache. It's the goggles I think with eye strain.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post

With the minions one they have non moving seats (benches) at the front so you can still do it without the movement. Actually of all of them I think minions is the least sickness inducing . I think it is because you are in a big room with lots of other people and it isn't quite so immediate as say transformers...

Edited at 01:12 AM.
Old 13 Sep 17, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by MickeyMoose View Post
felt terrible when i went into the tiki tiki tiki rooms last year
Not sure that's motion sickness. That is called having taste.

Old 13 Sep 17, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ian180 View Post
Been to both Universal parks today, and boy, 3 simulation rides on the trot had me feeling rough. Minions started me off, it was ok. Transformers made me feel worse and by the time I did the Harry Potter castle thing, that was it. I came off MIB and needed time out! Jimmy Fallon was ok after a couple of hours and I can cope with Simsons with a break in between.

I really wanted to do the other single HP ride in IOA but it read as if it was another simulation ride with sudden jolts so I didn't risk it.

We are there again next Monday, does anyone know if this one is good or bad? King was ok for me btw.

I am glad I'm not the only one suffering, I thought it was just me!

Thanks.
Gringotts is much nicer and smoother than Forbidden Journey - I am a wimpy wuss and enjoyed Gringotts, I will not be riding FJ again.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ian180
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Gringotts is much nicer and smoother than Forbidden Journey - I am a wimpy wuss and enjoyed Gringotts, I will not be riding FJ again.
Thanks for that, something to look forward to then, I would've calmed down by then!
Grand Flo.'98,'99,Xmas'00,'02&'04,'06,'07,'09,'12-NewYork-'00,'01,'03,'05,'07,'12,'14,'22--Hawaii/W.Coast 2001; Vegas-'02,'05,'07,'08,'09,11,12,14,16,19,22; Singapore&OZ-'03;HK,OZ&NZ-'05. Canada'06,12; Dubai'08,10; China/Japan'08; Cape Town'09; South America Sep'09; Nicaragua, C.Rica, Panama '14; Alaska '16,'20; Boston&Cali '22;Iceland '23.
ian180 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I could (and would) not ride FJ or Wild Arctic again for any amount of money.

But I am fine with Spiderman, Flights of Passage and Soarin.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List