Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Sep 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
I vowed never to go back to Haines City after we were kept waiting for a very long time even though we'd called ahead. They were clearly seating locals that they knew on arrival which I don't mind to a certain extent as you should look after your regular customers, but it became ridiculous. There was only three of us as well, it's not like we were a big party.

I was persuaded to take some friends there on another visit so I insisted we went early - no problems with seating this time, but my steak was poor and of course it's all very well complaining but it messes up the meal for everyone else. I mentioned it at the end but the server was totally unconcerned.
We always ring ahead from Highgate about 20 minutes away from Haines and, as you say, it doesn't seem to make much difference and still a lengthy wait.

The fact that we did a walk up at 192 and were seated immediately should have given us a clue as to what was to follow I suppose.

Mick
Old 10 Sep 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
macjaddie
Getting Excited

Mobile

We were going to go, but there were quite a lot of terrible reviews. We stuck to Texas Roadhouse where we always have good food and service.
macjaddie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We had a lovely meal in both this August, although as others said, call ahead was pretty pointless in Haines. We waited over an hour after ringing an hour ahead. Food was good when we got it though.

I really like the 192 branch, big high ceilings and loads of air, food was good too. Server really was a bit too best friendsy though, which puts me off.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post

First actually had a really good steak in Millers, it was nicer than the one I had in Longhorn and it was cheaper.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
I vowed never to go back to Haines City after we were kept waiting for a very long time even though we'd called ahead. They were clearly seating locals that they knew on arrival which I don't mind to a certain extent as you should look after your regular customers, but it became ridiculous. There was only three of us as well, it's not like we were a big party.

I was persuaded to take some friends there on another visit so I insisted we went early - no problems with seating this time, but my steak was poor and of course it's all very well complaining but it messes up the meal for everyone else. I mentioned it at the end but the server was totally unconcerned.
This is exactly what happened to us, waited over an hour to be seated, after been told 15/20 mins, it totally annoyed us as people coming after us were seated before. We had to complain twice. But we tried the 192 one this year and it was ok and service was good. Would never go to the one in Haines city again though x
Old 10 Sep 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
We've been to the Haines city one many times and have always had great food and service, we tried the 192 last year and it wasn't a patch. Needless to say our two mannys visits March and August this year were to Haines city!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
You should really try Egg City if you're near Mannys, it was fab.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
We've been to the Haines city one many times and have always had great food and service, we tried the 192 last year and it wasn't a patch. Needless to say our two mannys visits March and August this year were to Haines city!
Mirrored my earlier post exactly.

Joan and I have already said that if we return to Manny's it will be back to Haines City - it's only 20 minutes from Highgate anyway.

Atmosphere better there as well.

Mick
Old 11 Sep 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Shmee
Imagineer

We went to the 192 restaurant last year and didn't enjoy it, never been to the other one so can't compare. Didn't go back this year and probably won't bother going forward.
Shmee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List