Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Sep 17, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Thank you all.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

you need to be secured in

if you are 'upstairs' you might not realise how high up you are when the ride is in motion

its a bit like soarin in layout

i only noticed this 2nd time we wento on & where on the bottom row 'downstairs'
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy'sMum
Excited about Disney

Fairy'sMum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I am big, 5'8" size 22 with a swollen leg and dodgy knees and I fitted fine. It wasn't the most comfortable position but you have to be restrained.
Old 11 Sep 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

I went on with my daughter and she got a bit worried when the Cast Member pushed the back restraint right in on her, I had to reassure her it was OK, but, the ride didn't get going for a long time, I presume because of all the other riders getting into position in other sections. Once it got going she was fine and from now on she would be OK. I can totally understand where you are coming from OP, it does feel like you are trapped in.

We initially went on just the two of us to let my wife know if she would be OK because she suffers with arthritis but there was no way on this earth she would have been able to get on this ride.
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I think there are some YouTube videos of people on the test seat but I'm 5' 7, size 18-20, mainly hips but carrying some round my belly and I fit fine. I didn't feel trapped at all just secure.
This is me (although 5'6) and fit ok but I would image a size or 2 bigger and it would be touch and go at my shape
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Part of the problem I found is that the test seat had no CM by it and people were letting their kids play on it with family all sitting on the wall next to it. There's no way I was putting myself through the embarrassment of trying that test seat. I'd rather have done the walk of shame from the ride itself. I'm going to comment to Disney though as they need to put the test seat somewhere more discrete and have a CM staffing it for people's comfort.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm 5 8 but with long legs and it was a tad uncomfortable. My back felt like it was at a weird angle and having the seat back rammed up against me didn't help.

That said it was worth it, it's an amazing ride. We were "upstairs" and it didn't feel that high up. Certainly no worse than the top row of soarin
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

I can see why people are impressed by FOP, but my daughter didn't like at as the 3D glasses were too big and kept slipping off ( not a problem on any other ride, including at universal) and both me and my wife found parts of the screen not in focus and left us feeling a bit nauseous. Slightly underwhelmed!
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by yozza1977 View Post
I can see why people are impressed by FOP, but my daughter didn't like at as the 3D glasses were too big and kept slipping off ( not a problem on any other ride, including at universal) and both me and my wife found parts of the screen not in focus and left us feeling a bit nauseous. Slightly underwhelmed!
I thought it was fantastic. It literally took my breath away. However I totally get the point about the glasses. Mine kept slipping and I found that made it difficult to look down. If you don't face what you're looking at straight on it affects the 3D and I did find that off putting when the glasses were slipping.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

We were a group of 6 and all absolutely loved it, my only regret was doing FOP the day before we went to universal as it made every simulator there (which seemed to be at least every other ride!) Rubbish in comparison.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List